Ugh!

Old 12-10-2009, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Ugh!

I think he was drinking last night.
We do not live together at this point, but we are trying to make our relationship work, and I'm trying to hold on because he said he can control the drinking and or quit etc.
I had mentioned wanting to buy my girls a Hamster for Christmas. (we already have 3 cats)
At first he said "no, don't do it, that's crazy!" To which I agreed, lol, it was more of a fleeting thought rather than a decision.
We had spoken over MSN later that evening, briefly...no mention of the hamsters.
Even later, we spoke, and he started going off on me about me buying Hamters. I had said during that chat "FINE!" (as in, ok, I won't!) He said something else. Then I said "I SAID FINE, THAT'S MEANS FINE YOU WIN NOW CUT IT OUT" (at this point, I'm wanting to forget the whole thing.)
He replies " No, I will not be treated like this. Go do it. And then regret it later. Alone"

Without rehashing it all, he went on, again, threatening to leave me if I bought my girls a Hamster. We do not even live in the same house.
I was bewildered!
We exchanged a few more words and I left the conversation.

Now....normally, with my experience with him, I'd say this was a classic example of him being a total jerk.
But after reading other posts, and me being able to relate to those, I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone can relate to this nonsense.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Is this normal?

There have been thousands of times I have gotten to the same place you are...is he insane? mentally ill? how can he not get this? how can someone say or do such a thing? did I miss something? am I going insane?

Guess it just goes with the turf!
And it becomes curiouser and curiouser! weirder and stranger!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Yes Elsie, not much different than dealing with a madman.

I don't know how others can stay sane with someone like that, I couldn't.

Hugs!!