Give me strength...

Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Give me strength...

This morning I heard AH call his sister and ask her if she could take him to the hospital this morning. He hasn't been able to keep anything down for the last 3 days and is really dizzy and tired. These are the same symptoms he had about 2 months ago and I took him to the ER. We had found out he had an enlarged liver and his blood counts were really low, etc. All the typical signs of an alcoholic. His sister thinks he has the flu (really???) and it makes me angry that even though she knows what's going on she's in denial.

Anyway...I have a meeting with my attorney today at 11:30 to finalize a few things in my marital termination agreement and then ironically this happens. SO...my plan is to meet with my attorney as originally scheduled and then go to the ER. By then, I would imagine that the blood work results will be back (I know they're going to take blood). So...I'm convinced the dr. is once again going to tell him that he needs to quit drinking and AH will come up with more excuses not to go right now. Can't leave his business, the holidays are coming etc. My plan is to hopefully have strength from my HP to say...if you don't go today, you will be served papers tomorrow.

For months, I've been waiting for another sign (and another, and another) and the past week I've been looking at townhouses and finalizing my MTA. If this isn't a sign from above to kick me in gear I don't know what is.

PLEASE don't let me chicken out if he says he won't get help!! If he gets help great...but, I see it being a long shot.

So, just as I finished typing the above he called me. He's trying to decide if he should go to urgen care or the ER. Personally, I'm pushing for the ER (even despite the extra cost that we can't really afford right now) because I think they'll tell him more information and push him more vs. UC. I asked him if he has the shakes and he says yes but he won't drink anything before he goes to the dr. Then he says, if they won't give me any pills to stop the shakes I'm going to be p!$$ed. OK...that right there tells me he isn't going to get help...he wants the easy way out. Seriously!!!