A gift from HP?

Old 12-01-2009, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A gift from HP?

You may remember I posted somewhere about having a new cat in the house, well, the first cat I've ever owned to be honest. We all love her, she's funny, she's independant, she's beautiful, she does her own thing, she won't be cuddled if she doesn't want to be, but if she wants to be you'd better be there! She's made our house a home really, there was something missing and she filled the gap, we all said that since she came here.

One of my elderly clients with learing disabilities owned this cat before I did, she'd said she wanted a cat, so a young, eager to please colleague procured an 8 week old kitten! Whoa, this lady is 70 with mental health problems and learning disabilities, she struggles to look after herself. Anyway, as a staff team we supported her and tried to help her look after this kitten, it just didn't work. She finally admitted she couldn't cope and asked me to take the cat and look after her ( I checked with her social worker, my manager and wrote the lot down) I wasn't too keen at first but thought the boys might like her because they'd been asking for a pet, come to terms with the fact they couldn't have a dog because of my hours but were still pushing for 'something' well, the cat seemed to come at just the right time, if she camr to my house she it was a solution to everyone. Anyway she came, we love her, yes even me! She's made such a difference here, it's unbelievable! The whole house has felt so much more relaxed and friendly, the kids don't fight as much because they're too busy playing with the cat. I'm relaxed because the cat comes and curls up on me when we're alone.
Today I brought the cats (we call he Tink by the way) vet papers from work, and I find she was born the day my brother died.
I think she truly is a gift, there is no way I would have ever gone out looking for a cat for us, I would have looked for a dog!
And yes, I think we can look too far into things, but what are the chances of that? The cat was sent to teach us something, if it was for all of us to chill out she's achieved it.

I just thought I'd share that with you all.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Oh Yes ....Tink was meant to live with y'all.

I got goosebumps reading your post Lucy.
I do think the identical dates are no fluke.

All my best....Mega
Old 12-01-2009, 03:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Dont you just LOVE those HP messages? Makes me smile all over! What a lucky kitty to have found you just when you needed him the most.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great story. I can relate.

That cat was most definately sent your way!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lucy - that really made me cry....how amazing. I can't imagine how that must have touched Joe and your boys...
Tink.
And how amazing what a cat can do for a home! We have 2 and my boys both love them and play with them and it just warms my heart to see their love and affection and tenderness with the cats - and to see how much the cats love them too! Do you know they have done studies that prove that having that live in your house and curl up in your lap actually lowers your blood pressure and stress hormones? Meow!

peace & thanks for this...very moving....
b
Old 12-01-2009, 04:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Holy cow! That is so powerful - to me. Amazing how our HP works in our lives
Old 12-01-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((Lucy))

That definitely is no coincidence!!

We have 3 cats and a chihuahua. The dog is a sweetie, but the cats are my babies

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-01-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awwww, that was adorable! And what cool example of HP. I've heard the saying "There are NO coincidences in life" and have found it to be so true, so many times, we just have to be more 'aware' when these things happen. But this one reached out and GRABBED you with its obviousness Glad to hear that you are enjoying life in YOUR home, Lucy. Home is what we make of it, right?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Powerful stuff! Thanks for sharing. I have had many pets in soberiety, each one sent at a time when we all needed each other!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting!!

I see my HP in my furbabies every day. They teach me so much and keep me moving forward. I can never give up because they would never give up on me.

Alice
Old 12-02-2009, 12:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

GREAT THREAD!!!!!!

Cats are so therapeutic. I am also new to cats, I got one a few months ago and I got a second one weeks ago. They have healing powers - they take you to the present moment and outside yourself.

Right now both are sleeping next to me and Gabanna is HUGGING Dolce!!!!! it is the cutest thing ever. Dolce is recovering from a bad infection and now that she remembered her friend-adopted-daughter Gabanna, she has felt much better and is even playing again! they heal each other too... and serve as pillows and feet heaters... superclean... you can't ask for anything else lol.

There is a product called Soft Paws to prevent them from scratching furniture and humans, I got them and am very glad as I can play without being afraid of scratches and the cats do not even notice they got them on.

Cats are disguised angels !!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

that is lovely,
I have 2 cats, I had 3, but my lovely, serene, sage, old cat died last year and its the squabbling youngsters that are left. With all that's been going on, I have been frankly neglecting them (not physically, but I don't stop awhile with them and I've been thinking of them as another thing I must do).

Thanks for your post, it has brought a flood of fond memories back, which has helped me remember why I share my home with cats, and I'll be spending more time with the tearaways today.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Why do I prefer cats to most people?
  • I've never had an angry cat call me from detox.
  • I've never had to give up my vacation to clean out a cat's apartment when he went to rehab (again).
  • I've never had a cat lie to me, promise me things he didn't mean, blame me for his problems.
  • I've never received phone calls from a cat's creditors, disgruntled girlfriends or boss.
  • I've never had to leave work early or sobbed my heart out over a cat's problems.
My cat only gives me love and joy. I'm proud to be a crazy old cat lady.