At my meeting last night

Old 10-13-2009, 05:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

At my meeting last night

I bought Paths to Recovery. I am so excited.

I have to be careful though, because I rushed through One Day At A Time (mind you, not reading one day at a time) and read it all within a few weeks. A part of me wants to keep reading and reading because I think it will help "us" and the book will tell me what to "do" to make this all better. That is my tendency so I guess I should watch out for that.

Thought I'd share.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know it doesnt matter if you have read it completely. I too read One day at a time and Courage to change all at once instead of as a daily reader. I also, discovered that alot of it I could not relate or take in after reading it all... so I then chose to read it as a daily reader - some daily reading hit home with me today... I can read todays reading today - and then again next year - and it gives me a entirely different meaning.. it matters where I am at today.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

PTR - is a great book -

For me, it is especially good when I "work" a step with a sponsor or trusted recovery friend.

Another really great book in Al-Anon is "How it Works for the Family and Friends of Alcoholics" - I have heard several refer to it as it to our "big book" in Al-Anon -

After so many years of looking search and trying to find something to help with me with how I was so affected by this disease - it was a relief to find books that finally were written just for ME!!
HUGS,
Rita