Hang in there

Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cool Hang in there

Yesterday I went out to visit a nutriologist. The day was cloudy.

I parked far away and when I came in the office, someone else left. So I went out to get my car. On the few minutes that took me to drive closer, a storm started, I parked closer and the few 6 steps that took me from the car to the office I got ALL WET!!

Then of course, the news, I gained weight. They ask me if I have been under stress lately. LOL. Doesn't she see my face?? Why can't I have that kind of stress that actually makes you LOSE weight? But NO, in my family you eat a donut, you gain, you follow a strict diet, you gain, a mosquito passes and you gain extra! Ok.. back to topic

I drove back home but most of the cars were STRANDED... this city's infrastructure sucks and when it rains even the main streets get flooded (I pay 1/3rd of my salary for taxes for this!!). Trees fell down over cars and there were many accidents. So I parked somewhere. There was a park next to me and tall trees, swaying, it looked beautiful how they just flowed in the midst of the storm, looked black against gray background, very poetic.

I decided to keep moving.. I got lost. I parked again. I just saw cars stranded next to me. It was fun, because the cars waited for 10 minutes, then 20, then they started to get desperate...then they realized there was NO WAY to go through that street and had to go back... slowly and painfully.. then they were free.

When that set finished, other cars came that did not know there was no way, 10 minutes, then 20, then someone got the same idea and back they go...

In one of those moments I had a chance to turn too...so I try to start the car...

OF COURSE it didn't start. The battery had died.

So I decide to leave it there and go back during the day... there was NO WAY I was going to fix that under the rain and with the city such a chaos... it would have taken ages.

While walking I saw an old lady frustrated, waiting and she was in a position to turn easily and use a different street, so I told her "turn and use another way, this one is a dead end" she thanked me warmly.

So I was alone, under the storm, didn't know where I was, no jacket (and still not fully recovered from a COLD), car dead.

The car that was parked just behind me had a plush Garfield with a sign>>

HANG IN THERE

LOL!! That lifted my spirits a lot... I love it when that stuff happens... how did they knew I love Garfield and NEEDED THAT MESSAGE?

Coincidentally while walking I found a walmart so I bought a jacket..and cat food LOL...

I walked many many streets... and used the few battery left of my mobile to call bf and a girl friend. I called her mobile but her mom answered. She said she was about to leave her home, that my friend had forgot her mobile at her house and she was going to drive to meet my friend at her office. I told her "please, do not go out, it is chaos and very dangerous".

I called my friend at her office and she said "THANK GOD you call, I am working like hell and need a break" I asked her to join me for dinner as her office was nearby.

While I was waiting, a lady parked and asked me to use my mobile, I lent it to her and said she didn't have to pay me anything, well she paid me much more than the cost of the call and left before I could give it back.

Friend and bf arrived, we ended up talking about turtles cozy in a restaurant.

So yesterday, I was walking seemingly aimlessly and randomly, but thanks to me:

- an old lady got to her home earlier.
- someone got news quickly from a loved one knowing she was alright.
- a worried mom was saved the hassle and stayed safely at her home.
- a tired friend was able to take a break and eat when otherwise she wouldn't have done it by herself.

Today bf went for me to my office, took me to buy bandaids I needed (damn new shoes) and cables to pass energy, started my car with his, followed me back to the office just in case I needed him again. The weird thing is that I DID NOT FIND IT WEIRD, I found it normal that he helped me! I got the "new normal", before my normal would have been fixing everything alone, then arriving home wet and tired to have the "partner" ignore my arrival because of a videogame. Or because of nothing.

Oh well, I just saw so many analogies of life in all that happened... as they say in "Mona Lisa smile" not all wanderers are aimless, we touch lives everyday in ways we do not even grasp.

Hang in there!! :ghug2

Last edited by TakingCharge999; 09-23-2009 at 09:05 PM.