still no word about the DVO

Old 06-11-2009, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

still no word about the DVO

I petitioned for yesterday, as the attny suggested- NO word on whether it is going to be signed off on or if they have found him to serve it- of course I go back to work tonight and I am worried. All my friends think he is going to try to contact me to take him back- but I know that is not the case- I am worried I will come home and find that him and whatever prostitute he is with will empty me out. I think he is with the same one I found him in the house with- the one he met in rehab- so I gave the attny that address. This just happened Sat morning- I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around it all. My attny said he will ask the judge to keep AH aout of this county- since he now has no residence here- until visits have to start anyway. This is all so nuts- Friday night he was planning a wedding vow renewal for our anniversay- Sat morning he is in my house with a Wh**e.I don't understand- He said He loves me but isn't in love with me- well DUH- how can you love anything when your drunk 24-7. He said the Wh**e was just like him- she understood him- Im sure she does. This is all so hard.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have now learned to never underestimate the behavior or thinking of an alcoholic. Its not rational or logical. Its destructive....almost like a bulldozer destroying anything in their path.

I am sorry his actions are so hurtful. I know how you feel, just not with prostitutes.

Do what you need to do. Keep the legal ball rolling. I found when I was sitting and not doing anything I was a mess. When I was proactive and decided it was enough I was much better.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe take anything of great personal value with you to work, ellima. The stuff in a house is just "stuff", but I know that there are certain things that I would not want to leave to be stolen (things from my mom, etc.)

Keep this rolling. You will be happier. It is horrible what he has done to you, and you deserve much, much more than this.

When you feel yourself weakening, try to remember the emotion you felt when you walked in YOUR HOUSE and found your lying husband with a prostitute, while your child was upstairs. Feel that feeling again. That is the feeling he deserves. He has abused you for too long already...it is time to protect yourself from that disrespect now.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with givelove. And I do think there's a chance that in days, weeks or months he is going to come back full of "remorse" (not really) and "apology" (not true) and ask you to give him another chance. Why do I think this? Because alcoholics stay miserable, wherever they are and whoever they're with. And they think if they just change the place or the person, things will be great again. So they often go back to former partners, their heads filled with crazy illusions that that will solve their problems.

Take good care of yourself.