Alcoholics versus Sociopaths?

Old 05-11-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Ok, there are things such as hurting. There are insinuations as sociopathy. Different deal. I am willing to get banned off of this forum to fight for the fact I am NO sociopath. Now, considering I've already had my ONE thread this a.m. deleted with zero explanation, when I was only looking for help in the SECULAR forum, I'm not in a mood to debate anything.
People can call me whatever they want, including a sociopath, and it has no bearing on me whatsoever if I am truly right with 'self'.

How are you with self, and how is your recovery from alcoholism going?

When someone really pushes my hot button, there's a reason, and it never has anything to do with them, and everything to do with me and how I feel about self.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I see no one calling you a sociopath.

I see an O.P. speculating whether there is a connection, since many behaviors are parallel. I see posters going both ways with their opinions. I see the kind of normal, civil, respectful conversation we usually have here.

Normal, except for an alcoholic who has walked in with a chip on her shoulder, shrieking, and is choosing to really disrespect the O.P. by making this thread all about her.

Anubus, hon, hope you're doing well out there
Old 05-11-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
People can call me whatever they want, including a sociopath, and it has no bearing on me whatsoever if I am truly right with 'self'.

How are you with self, and how is your recovery from alcoholism going?

When someone really pushes my hot button, there's a reason, and it never has anything to do with them, and everything to do with me and how I feel about self.
Egads, when you have to read about people characterizing you as a sociopath, based on an Axis 1 Dx in my case (AGAIN, please refer to the DSM-IV, does science mean nothing?), it really gets old. Sociopathology and narcissim are DSM-IV Asix II Dx's. I have nothing more to say. I'm out. Just read.

Oh, and BTW, this thread isn't about ME. Rather about every other A who might read this and be thorougly offended.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Egads, when you have to read about people characterizing you as a sociopath, based on an Axis 1 Dx in my case (AGAIN, please refer to the DSM-IV, does science mean nothing?), it really gets old. Sociopathology and narcissim are DSM-IV Asix II Dx's. I have nothing more to say. I'm out. Just read.
You made the choice to come over here and read. You also made the choice to continue to read and post after you said it was best you bowed out.

Originally Posted by Katie09
I won't post here any longer.
And just a few minutes later:

Originally Posted by Katie09
I am willing to get banned off of this forum to fight for the fact I am NO sociopath.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Unfortunately, this thread that started as a discussion, had turned its course.
I'm locking this down, until the appropraite Mods can see if there's a chance to steer things back on track.