Survey Question please

Old 05-06-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yep! xabf became obsessed with his road bike and would do 30 miles per day or more. xaddictbf became obsessed with yoga, but would still smoke pot 3 times or more per day.
The last guy I dated was obsessed his bike, but similarly loved whiskey.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I ask because I saw my aw stop doing sports she loved and was wondering if nay active alcoholics view fitness as important. Likely as they deteriorate, any sport would become unimportant.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think the sports were a way to prove they didn't have a problem. I know with xabf he used to use biking as a means to prove how healthy he was and that he was in control because he was riding 30 miles per day. It worked because he lost a lot of the alcoholic weight, but he stared gaining it back when he started to slip from controlling his intake.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

ExAH was until ortho pain issues became too much (made worse by alcohol's effect of the joints). AD was great in track until she changed to a partying path in her second year of college.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

0 out of 1
Old 05-11-2009, 09:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

My husband was raised poor, 5 kids in a home by 2 alcoholics. No sports growing up outside basketball in Jr. He dropped out of highschool to work and was drinking then.

As a young adult he played team softball and went to the gyms for basketball all the time. He was active with our kids with outside activities. Now he does none of them.

Note: about 2 years ago he played softball again as his brother asked him as his brother is the coach. But he acted as if it was more of a chore and started to skip the practice and the games.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I don't know what you are hoping to get from this survey, but what the hey ... My AH was on the team that won the state high school championship in wrestling in Kansas.

He trained to become an Army Ranger, which entails hardcore, rigorous training/survival techniques.

He has run several marathons and done quite well. He always ran an average of 25 miles a week, in addition to lifting weights five days a week. While stationed in Greenland for 18 months, he worked out almost constantly and built up his body.

He is a very strong swimmer, having passed the advanced life saving course.

The five years he was stationed in Japan, he was a member of a jogging club, and ran about 20 miles every weekend.

Today, he is about 20 pounds underweight, malnourished, and I doubt he could do much of anything without having the shakes. His brain is also fried.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My AH runs 10km several times a week and plays golf.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

"I don't know what you are hoping to get from this survey, but what the hey ... . "

Prodigal, I think your posts gives one of the best examples of what
steve11694 is "hoping to get" revealed.