Been asked to do a chair..

Old 04-19-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bernadette View Post
Wow -- Tallulah if you haven't written enough material for your "chair" in this thread I'll be shocked!

Just want to say I am getting SO MUCH from everyone's sharing here.

It's all excellent, deep, eye-opening stuff.

Tallulah I really appreciate you starting this thread and maintaing the non-defensive/open posture you have so that more and more interesting stuff is revealed...

Thanks all! :ghug
T Good luck w/ your chair--

peace,
b
Hi B :ghug

I've written it... it's a six page epic... although I may tweak it tomorrow. I'm not sure the group are going to thank me for this.. I may have to hand out matchsticks for their eyelids.. because it's the Ben Hur of shares.

I've done alot of reading over the last month. Lots of different perspectives on the alcoholic/addict situation and codependency, the alcoholic/addict abuser and codependency and the abuser and codependency. (I lucked out on my chair in some ways because I was already looking at this as part of my recovery after DV). And there are as many opinions, theories, checklists and experts as there are websites, journals and papers.

It is good to see lots of different perspectives and views and I'm glad I posted the thread because more than helping me get my head straight to write the chair, it is a really interesting subject that takes you off wandering down many corridors of the 'self'.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesertEyes View Post
Ya'll want I make this a sticky?

Mike
*jumps up and down on chair waving her hand in the air*

Yes!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesertEyes View Post
Ya'll want I make this a sticky?

Mike
Hi Mike..

Sure.. but can I ask whether it would be possible to 'neutralise' any of the more identifying personal stuff in the thread. Should the other party stumble upon it and recognise the situation, I am not sure tbh, what it could result in. And if it is stickied then it's not going to fall down the pages into obscurity.