Random thoughts on the morning of my filing

Old 04-03-2009, 04:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Random thoughts on the morning of my filing

The petition is written, rewritten, notarized and ready to be submitted to the court this morning. I wanted to share some thoughts for those of you who think you may never be here.....because just a few short days ago I was one of you.

I am not tearing apart my family.....I am creating a new, more harmonious version.

I do not have to operate out of fear and guilt.....those are the emotions that cloud my thinking and keep me stuck in an unhealthy place.

I do not have to know the exact outcome......I will be provided for at each step along the way if I turn it over to my HP.

I do not have to live in an opressive environment......I can paint the walls any damn color I choose.

Moving forward and jumping into this divorce has been THE HARDEST thing I have ever done. Harder than the recent loss of my dad, whom I was very close to. Harder than watching my sister battle cancer (and win). But as hard as it is, I am starting to see what a gift it is. I am not only setting myself free from a toxic relationship, I am setting my STBXAH free as well. I am releasing him with the hope and prayer that he find his way, that he is able to heal his heart. The ONLY hope my children have for a dad that is whole and present for them is through letting him go, so it is a gift to them as well.

Having peace and clarity is life-changing.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Blessed)))

What an awesome post!! You've been through a lot, recently, and I am so glad that you are finding your peace and serenity because you deserve it....we all do. Thanks for the reminder.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-03-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

((((Blessed))))

You're doing great! I know how you feel. I filed last month. I am learning to embrace the uncertainty of life. I want to keep myself open to all the possibilities my future holds.

Peace and hugs to you and your children!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you,

I am not tearing apart my family.....I am creating a new, more harmonious version.
a couple of weeks ago I was staring to feel sick because I was "tearing my family apart": what a cliched, well-worn, loaded, violent set of words they are. As I was about to be overwhelmed by the pain of this, I stopped short. Of course I would feel sick if I were tearing apart my family, that imagery is sickening.

but I am not, you are not, we are trying to building something good out of turmoil and chaos.

words are important, and the words we use about ourselves, our thoughts, beliefs and actions are as important as those we use to and about others.

I am so happy for your happiness
Old 04-03-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your personal growth is shining through in your post. {hugs}
Old 04-03-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

:ghug your post just ooozes strength... on a bad day it is just what I needed..

Thank you.. x
Old 04-03-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

blessed, you are a blessing to us :ghug
Old 04-03-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow....Blessed your recovery is shining through today. Thank you for your post. I needed to read that today.