what to expect after rehab

Old 01-07-2009, 09:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am so so so grateful for everyone's support, and in particular, for your input noi coincidence! It's amazing to get the insight from a RA!
Well, I called the therapist who has been working with my husband since monday and he can't talk to me because AH has not signed release of info consent. Well, that's fine with me. I suppose I'll take it a day at a time, trust my HP to give me strength to deal with the whole mess when I am supposed to deal with it. Given the state I worked myself into today, after hearing my FIL tell me about AH's plans after rehab, I truly understand there is no way I can deal with this. I don't want to have to watch every single word I say or even, as my FIL suggested, study the intonation of my voice when I talk to AH. This is far beyond anything I can do at this stage, without mentioning the fact that english being a foreign language to me, I have to be extra careful about my language and "intonation of voice". No way I can do this, sorry....
Old 01-08-2009, 05:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucy06 View Post
I don't want to have to watch every single word I say or even, as my FIL suggested, study the intonation of my voice when I talk to AH.
No one should have to do this in any relationship IMNSHO!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

(((Lucy))) You appear to be a smart, strong woman, who knows what she wants and needs to do. I don't want to sound redundant by explaining my whole story, so please, if you get a chance, read my prior posts on my AH's returns from rehab and what transpired. It may be of some help. I'll be praying you decide whatever is best for you, after all, you are the most important thing along w/your children!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I'm growing

"Let no alcoholic say he cannot recover unless he has his family back. This just isn't so.In some cases the wife will never come back for one reason or another. Remind the prospect that his recovery is not dependent upon people"........."Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that trust in God and clean house."

Thanks NOC I really needed to hear this today