Ugh

Old 10-23-2008, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ugh

This week has been the worst by far since the A left.

First I find out my son (14) is failing English (only because he has gotten behind with his work) so I have been communicating with the teacher and helping my son get his papers organized.

Then last night the exA goes into meltdown/harassing drunk phone call mode because I went to get my hair done and was out of the house when he made his nightly call so I get a bunch of bullsh*t calls from him voicing his disapproval, calling me unfit etc. (he really does not get that NO court is going to find me unfit for leaving an almost 15 year old alone for two hours). Not that I really care what he says but all the phone calls are disruptive.

Today my son calls me at 3:30, he can't get in the house, he left his keys IN the house this am (ugh!) so I leave work and come home, no big deal, he's fine, was able to get into the garage.

So after spending 2 hours helping my son with homework, making dinner etc the exA calls our son who mentions to him that he didn't have his keys and I had to come home. The A goes nuts, demands to speak to me, starts yelling "now you have two strikes against you", "you need to leave keys for him outside" (oh yeah, that's a good idea, that way the A can get in too), I tell him he is nuts and hang up.

So now we are going to have new phone call rules, I left the exA a voice mail stating that NO phone calls from him after 6 pm will be accepted. Our son will call him after school and that he can call me during the daytime to talk "business".

That's it, I am DONE.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Ugh is right.

Man. Alcoholic is one thing - but combative, annoying, and threatening to boot?!

Sorry that you've got so much on your plate right now.
Perhaps better times are just around the corner.

I'm thinking of you tonight.
-TC
Old 10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you were faced with an unacceptable situation, and therefore set an appropriate boundary.

Good for you, hadenoughnow.

Getting your son back on track needs to be your priority, and these drunken distractions during the prime study hours need to stop. Bravo.