He's trying to manipulate.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

He's trying to manipulate.

My ah didn't come or call the kids this weekend so I said fine and decided I wasn't going to answer when he calls or let him be allowed in my weekly life. He is not going to cross my rules for him to be a part of this family.
He has called close to twenty times and each time is a different reason why I should call him back. The last one was "I'll be home this weekend, I am quitting my job". Oh brother.
The thing is.......he can not hurt me. Not one threat that comes out of his mouth will effect me. If he quits his job then he will be a broke alcohoilc because he knows I'm not working to support him. I take care of me and our kids.
He's like a little boy trying to get his way. It' soooooo nice to have control over my life and it's nice to feel the fence that is up between him and I. Before I would have a reaction and probably call him back. Nahhhhhhhh Let him wonder.
I've already told him that if he crossed my boundaries that I was free game for someone who would treat me the way I wanted. He's feeling threatend right now.
I already know he's not going to change. He needs to realize he's not going to change but I have.
I'm not allowing him to pencil his kids. It's all or nothing. He's nothing to write home about so I don't lose a thing, his loss.
Progress.