Fabulous Friday!

Old 08-22-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Fabulous Friday!

I declare today to be a Fabulous Friday. Today is a day to do things that nuture MY spirit and MY soul.

I am going to have lunch with a friend, go to a local festival tonight and listen to some music, and put on Fleetwood Mac and dance while I clean house tomorrow morning!

What are 3 things you will do for yourself today or this weekend that are JUST for you?
Old 08-22-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

well considering this is my second day sober, im probably going to be just focusing on not drinking, but that does sound like a fun sober night.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking for the silver lining

Originally Posted by jc8811 View Post
well considering this is my second day sober, im probably going to be just focusing on not drinking, but that does sound like a fun sober night.
JC! That is awesome! I hope you find your entire world open up to you. There is so much life out there waiting to be lived! Keep coming back!:ghug3
Old 08-22-2008, 09:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The next ten days are mine! My older son is off to college. My younger son is off to Florida with his dad. I have no one to answer to or do for (except my cats of course) and I intend to seize the week!

I am working on rewriting my resume so I can get it up on job sites and start the job hunting process. I am planning on doing some shopping to get a new interviewing suit. I am going grocery shopping and buying only the stuff I want. I may go rent some movies.

This is going to be a nice break.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jeez, CatsPajamas! I thought I had the perfect weekend planned, but I almost forgot Fleetwood Mac. Close one!

Man, this board helps me in ways that I never thought it would! I will be digging out the "Tusk" this evening.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cmc

I have no idea how I'm spending the rest of today! I do have (at least) three fun things planned for Saturday.
I'm going to a morning Al-Anon meeting; then out to lunch with mr cmc at a beachside cafe and shopping at one of my favorite stores.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

good luck: Jeez, CatsPajamas! I thought I had the perfect weekend planned, but I almost forgot Fleetwood Mac. Close one!

LOL!!

Too funny! I also was like Oh YEAH!! When I read that - it actually made me think- hey I wanna clean MY house to Fleetwood Mac!!

Thanks Cats for making housework seem appealing!
B.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats JC! YOu should be so proud!
After work today, I am supposed to have a nice long talk with AH. Tonight I will work on school work, basically most of the weekend. Also, do laundry and maybe some housecleaning. I don't have a lot of money this weekend and I dread staying there if AH is there.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great post! Today I'd like to focus on the positive things I can do for myself, instead of dwelling on the negative things I can't change.

Lets see.....I'd like to take a bike ride all by myself and enjoy this beautiful Calif weather, I'd like to go shopping for only ME, maybe a new outfit, and lastly try to have a positive attitude for a change. Our 17th anniversary is on Sunday and I'll try to be civil.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Did an a.m. beach walk with a friend.
Went for a massage.
Prepared very healthy vegetarian curry that is yummy.

It is a great day.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Awakening

Paid off my friend 1k, the little go-for-ever truck is mine. Finally have a vehicle that is mine after a year. (i've had a vehicle since I was 16). Alcoholism broke that 40 yr roll!

I've been on vacation all week, kid slept in til 9am, asked her what she wanted to do today....she said just be lazy! Hot damn, we're on the same page finally!

Did manage to do laundry(second least favorite chore behind cat box), work out legs, check ino father/daughter yoga class, and go to the grocery store 4-5 times.

Checked online bank account and had recieved my stimulis check....HOTDAMN! Owner of a brand new 11 yo truck AND money in the bank. Man it don't get much better than this!

Found out from a lady at the laundramat w/ 4th grader that good old walmart has the 40 some odd items for 2nd graders 1st day of school all in one bag for 22 bucks...hot damn!

Man life is GOOD!

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

P.S. Daughter cleaned up her room (couldn't see floor) in 10 min flat and yesterday discovered that her money ($5 been-good allowance) gets BIG at the dollar store.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
BBD

Well~~lets see!! Just for me isn't that easy in my life. Should be but my codependancy reaches beyond my addicted son. But, I had my hair highlighted-lowlighted today and it looks great. Tomorrow we're heading out with great friends for a day on the bikes and Sunday I'm going to visit my son who says he's healthy and happy....I haven't seen him in over a month and I do miss him alot. Love threads like this. We get to learn a little bit about everyone that posts to it...Thanks Cats~~Bonnie