I moved out

Old 08-19-2008, 03:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I moved out

Hi everyone, it's been a roller coaster two weeks, in short:

AH did not find a job, never really looked
I received approval on a house I wanted to rent and took it!
Left him on Sunday, within the hour he was plastered. Four years of sobriety gone. I really believe he was just looking for an excuse so he could start drinking. Now he can tell himself and anyone else that I left him and that's why he started drinking
I'm staying with friends until my place is ready in September. What a lovely place it is too. a late 1800's stone cottage with a pond. Lots of work is needed in the interior but that's ok, I'm in construction and everyone at work has been helping out to fix it. In return for the work I am getting free rent and the original rent has been substantially reduced.

Most of the time I'm feeling pretty good but I have down times, I guess this is all part of the grieving process. I'm looking for an Alanon meeting here in town.

A new door has opened for me and I feel so lucky and blessed. What a complete change from 3 weeks ago. The insanity of living with him and the pain of seeing him slowly waste away was awful. He is a grown man, capable of working but has chosen to make decisions that affect me in a very negative way. I can't and won't live that way anymore.

Thank you everyone for helping out, have a great day - K
Old 08-19-2008, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Grieving is a process, so be gentle with yourself.

It sounds like there are many positives in your life, and your cottage sounds lovely!

I have no doubt that God has many wondrous and beautiful things in store for you!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you found a place. It sound lovely even with the work needed on it.

Be kind to yourself as you go thru the grieving process. You can do this and you can create a better life for yourself. {hugs}
Old 08-19-2008, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Kingston that is wonderful news! Grieve all that you need to so that when you are done you come out shining like a STAR! You will have a new adorable place and a new path to follow...how wonderful!

Lots of luck to you and yes be very gentle with yourself!