Update

Old 06-04-2008, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Hi there,
I don't know if anyone remembers me or not, but I thought I'd pop in and post an update regardless
Background: Christmas day my AH shoved me and broke our laptop, I called the cops, he was arrested and spent the night in jail. He started AA the next day. He wasn't allowed to come home for almost a month.

AH has been doing really well with recovery - he will be 6 months sober on June 26. He's actually chairing meetings this month and is taking that responsibility very seriously - even giving up a week at camp so he doesn't miss the meetings. He completed the two programs required by the courts and will now just have to pay a $150 fine and he will have an absolute discharge. As his wife, I'm glad that it's over with and that's all he ended up with, but a small part of me was hoping for a more severe punishment wich seems so petty.
I went to Europe for the month of May with my mom and we had a great time. I think part of it was just being me again. I wasn't the wife of an alcoholic, the victim of an alcoholic husband, or anything else - I was just me. Don't get me wrong I support my husband fully, but everytime he goes to a meeting it reminds me of what happened in December.
When I got home I told him there were going to be changes in our relationship. Not necessarily related to his drinking, but our relationship has been lacking a lot for a long time, and it was time for that to change.
The past couple weeks have been amazing. It's back to how it used to be and we've both been a lot happier - I really feel like everything is going to OK