Living with a alcoholic

Old 05-29-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Jenny

So far havent been to Al-Anon meeting yet. As far as I have gotten is looking up the number in the phone book... (And I KNOW , I KNOW) .. I need to dial it and find out where they have them at in my area... I would like to know if anyone here knows about Al-Anon meetings online ?? ... I did find a link through here to one and thought about signing up for that.

Also a little update here... Things have gotten to the point were we aren't even talking much this last week. He is sleeping on the coach and has been saying his going to leave. But I cant count the times he has said that before and never does. It sure make it a lot easier on me if he would though. And what has brought us where we are now is me refusing to have sex with him because he hasn't been coming straight home after work and is out drinking. So my refusal has really angered him and has him saying his going to move out. But I wont believe it until he actually does though.

Again would like to thank you all for your support here.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lacy..

Thank you for sharing your story.

As others have said you will know when/if the time is right to leave. However...in the meantime start baby steps doing something for yourself. It is amzing how changing one behaviour at a time can have a very positive affect all round.

I do not see you as weak atall either. You have obviously been through alot....as many people have here...and I would say just hang out here read read and read some more.

I am on the right road now and I am happy.....thanks to this fabulous forum and the wonderful wonderful people on it. You may not always read the answers you are hoping for (I have learnt they are usually the ones we need to pay attention to!....) however take what you want/need and leave the rest....life is here to be lived and we all deserve to be happy

It will really help. I wish you the best...nice to meet you Phiz :0)