I think that I belong here.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

I think that I belong here.

Hi everyone!

I"m Karen, alcoholic. I am currently living with my partner of 5 years. She's an alkie too..has over 7 years sober. I also am a ACOA, my mother was the alkie. She passed away from the disease 10 years ago.

The problem that I'm struggling with is this: I am very involved in my AA program. Working the steps (currently on 9), I have been blessed with a sponsee recently, I've found that I have had a spiritual experience and I am grateful for it.

My partner WAS working her program. Now, it doesn't seem that she is. She's at Step 9 too, but hasn't done any work on it. She's stopped going to meetings. She hasn't been calling her sponsor. She's been calling into work twice this past week. (I'm afraid she's going to lose her job). I should mention she suffers from CFS, but I honestly don't think that's all of it. Her sponsor spoke to me and when I "stuck up" for my partner and her illness, her sponsor said "if she's good with her program and her head is clear, she'll feel better physically". This, I have to agree with.

So, this morning when I found out she called in...I was pretty upset. I let her know. It's 1:30 and she's still in bed.

I guess I just need some support from the other side of things. Thanks for letting me ramble..

Karen
Old 05-04-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi there and welcome to the 'other side' of things', which is how I refer to it too.

Alanon helps me alot. I think you are very wise to stop over here considering all that you have shared. I find that my recovery 'covers' alot more than just how I deal with somebody else's drinking.

I'm sorry, you have the need to be here, but there is alot of ESH spread around in this forum and I know you will find the support you need.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome Karen and you can ramble away all that you need too! Others here have a lot of ESH to share with you and I hope that it will help you to continue to grow in your recovery! All the best to you
Old 05-04-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah man, we reserve the right and give everyone the right to "ramble" it is what we have to do to get the stuff out of our head and off of our minds. You are wise to come on over! I have been sober for a while too and out right married a drunk! We see what we want to see and hear what we want to hear. Keep posting.