day2 in my new home

Old 05-03-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day2 in my new home

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been surfing this website for a while and am very thankful for finding it. I have been struggling with my ah for years. We have went thru 3 dui's and he still doesn't think he has a problem. I have basically been left alone for years and have finally decided to change my life for me so...I saved some cash, looked for the perfect apartment and moved out 2 days ago. I'm am sitting in my new bedroom and don't quite know how to feel yet. I'm scared and excited and trying not to feel guilty about leaving. I brought my 3 cats but my dogs had to stay at the house with him. Anyways, I could start a major ramble here but I won't..not now anyways. Just finally wanted to join in and not feel sooo alone anymore.
Thanks
Old 05-03-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome freeflower! Glad that you found us and glad you decided to post! Keep coming back and posting! Check out the stickies at the top of the forum there is a lot of great sources there!

Good luck with the new place! Decorating your new home should be fun! Please know that you are not alone and you have come to the right place! A lot of Experience strength and hope ! Welcome!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

nice to meet you freeflower, looking forward to getting to know you
Old 05-03-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You should be proud of yourself for taking such a scary step to take care of yourself!! Good for you. I often struggle with guilt for leaving too, but I try to remember it's not my fault things got to this point.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am very happy for you. It must be a good feeling to have your own place with no one to answer to. I know you must be scared, but you made the first step! I am proud of you.
Kay Kay