Last night here

Old 05-01-2008, 07:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hey sweetie

i just have to offer you a (((hug))). i kept saying the same thing when i signed the papers to sell myself "this is not what i want" , but be brave and find the courage. it is not what either of us wanted, BUT it is what we need to do for today. it is okay to feel whatever your feeling....feel it and be done with it...just don't let it control your actions your strong you know all of the above and your strength will pull you through.

do you remember the post of mine a while back about the memory box of stuff with ah that i was looking through and that made me sad. some wise person said simply "close the box" and it helped me tremendously. what i learned through that was....it is okay to not go there right now if it will cause you pain or hold you back from doing what is necessary in the moment. it is okay to decide to "close the box" until you feel healthy enough and stable enough to look at it.

basically, do whatever you need to right now for your own wellbeing hon.

take care!!! i'm so excited you will be starting a brand new life today!!!!

allow your to feel excited about all the possiblities and potential before you.

HEY, won't it be fun to decorate a place that is all your own? i think i'll do mine all girlie and pink when i get there

Last edited by hopeangel; 05-01-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by minnelson6200 View Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep thinking about all the good things that are in front of you, the life you are going to build without the chaos and insanity. You are strong and can do this. Cry if you need to, it's what helps release all the negative stuff. Know that we are here for you.:ghug3
echoing that!
(((hugs)))
Old 05-01-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
I'm sorry to point this out but the above strikes me as putting what I see as a positive action (moving out to give yourself a better life) in a negative, victim light. You do want to do this because you have said it is what you need to do for yourself. You do have choices, this is the choice you have decided you need right now.

You are letting go of the fantasy relatoinship after taking a realistic look at it and your needs. You are moving out because its what you decided you need to do at this point in time for yourself. Putting a negative slant on this is denying your truth. Play the tape all the way through and you will remember that.
Thanks for pointing this out Barb. I too was thinking about why am I all of a sudden feeling so negative and sad the day before moving. I NEED to remember all of it and the tape is getting stuck because I'm fearful and grieiving "what could have been."

I often do this when I become afraid and fearful. I try to tell myself that things weren't that bad. But I know that the relationship wasn't healthy.

I need reminders so I think I'll read back all my old posts and remind myself. I guess the fear takes over sometimes.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

This is taken from Formerdoormat's post on another post I found recently.

"Just trying to interject a little reality back into the situation, as it's easy to slip on some rose-colored glasses and think things are going to be peachy."

I SOOO need to remember this...I'm slipping back and I need a good dose of reality!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
8 I'm all for putting the balloons up, let a few float up into the air... let them drift away. Sometimes things just get better & all you have to do is take baby steps.

I take nothing for granted. I now have only good days or great days. 8
Old 05-02-2008, 06:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Are you still surrounded by boxes? As my mother always says whenever my brother or I move, as long as you have a clean bed to lie down on all is well. She never leaves until whoever is moving has a bed with clean sheets. I hope you see this as the exciting new chapter it really is.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I totally have to agree with your Mom i4!

Ahhh moving was a nightmare. The movers had to take two loads and we started at 1pm and didn't finish until 11 pm. They couldn't get my couch in my place and had to take the door off. It was crazy. Got two hours of sleep by the time I found my bedding and unpacked a few things. Went to take a shower and there was no hot water, not even warm water.

I'm exhausted but hey at least I have my internet on and am here.

Yesterday was really hard; the second time I went back and got the final few things out of the house I started crying and drove home crying. It was surreal and still feels like a dream or maybe a nightmare.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Exhaustion, I'll bet, Lexus! Are you set up to tuck yourself in, yet? I totally agree with the bed situation first. The kitchen soon after Hang in there, sweetie, we're rooting you on. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, get yourself fed and put to sleep tonight and in the morning, grab a cup of coffee and you can go at things at your leisure now that the major move is done. You are doing just great, Lexus. I cried when I moved too. It gets better once the whole surreal part of moving so quickly into a new change becomes more concrete. Then you can breathe again, feel grounded again, and the days of just plugging along get more upbeat and normal. I know you don't feel strong, but we all see what you don't--You have done an amazing thing here and you should be very proud of yourself. Someday you will look back and say "I can't believe I DID that!"

And let's stick with it feeling like a dream (forget the nightmare version )
Old 05-02-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

lexus girl, hang in there hon. It is always darkest before the dawn.....
you will see why this happened, you WILL look back and not feel so bad.....you WILL move forward and have hope and peace and laughter again......
sleep, eat, and take time just for YOU.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm glad this part is done and the next part can begin. Remember it is a new beginning for you with endless possibilities. (hug)
Old 05-02-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Lex - It's completely normal to cry when you're moving (regardless of the situation). I think I've cried every time I've moved. Maybe has something to do with closing one chapter and starting another. Totally normal. You're doing good. Don't downplay it!

Hope you get at least WARM water soon!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thank you again for your comforting words:ghug3:ghug3
Old 05-03-2008, 05:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey, Lex! I'm sitting on my air mattress in my new living room! I am so psyched to be here. Am painting and puttering and really haven't thought too much about stbxah. Had boiled crawfish for dinner last night and watched the most awesome thunderstorm. The movers come on Sunday (God willing!) and I start work on Monday.

For the moment, I'm feeling actual joy! How are you doing today? Settling in? R.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Sweetie, I know you are going through a tough time. I've been through many break-ups in my life, and they're awful My heart goes out to you. Try reading this book: It's Called a Break-up Because It's Broken by Greg Behrendt. It's written for people going through break-ups, and it's positive and has an uplifting message. It's also pretty funny, and it might make you feel a little better. Also, invite a girlfriend over and watch some chick flicks. Try to surround yourself with your favorite people. Everything happens for a reason. There is something wonderful in the future waiting for you.

Good luck honey
Old 05-03-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great night Rosie--never had boiled crawfish but I bet they're good! Glad you made it there

Anvil-I never hired movers..they are a smaller mom and pop type company so less expensive. I have always had people to help as well. But most people are "busy" when it comes to moving, so I said screw it and just got some local movers.

Thank you for the book recommendation Daisy..sounds like a good one.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
now comes the fun stuff....UNpacking! it's like a little treasure hunt! enjoy it hon........
For me it's like christmas because inevitably, I find stuff I didn't even remember I had!

Lex: Hope you find some real treasure while unpacking! Did you get that hot shower yet? Got the bed made, right?

TOY!
Old 05-03-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RosieM View Post
Hey, Lex! I'm sitting on my air mattress in my new living room! I am so psyched to be here. Am painting and puttering and really haven't thought too much about stbxah. Had boiled crawfish for dinner last night and watched the most awesome thunderstorm. The movers come on Sunday (God willing!) and I start work on Monday.

For the moment, I'm feeling actual joy! How are you doing today? Settling in? R.
RosieM: Congrats on the big move for you too Rosie! I think I missed that post. I love thunderstorms (as long as they aren't too close and I'm inside/dry -LOL!). Sounds like some mighty fine livin' you're doing eating craw-dads and lounging around. Ahhhh...sounds like heaven to me.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:41 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey, Lex.

Leaving sucks.

ARRIVING can be great.

I am wishing you ALL the best for your continued recovery, one day at a time.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:06 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sometimes it has to get really painful before it gets better. Hopefully you have nothing but good times ahead of you.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:09 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Once you get your new place set up you'll be fine.

I went through the same sort of thing, and a week after moving to my new place, I thought I was having a low-level panic attack! Until I realized I was EXCITED at the prospect of living a Real Life, free from chronic emotional pain!