I am so proud of ME !!!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am so proud of ME !!!

Last night, after reading so much here, my D finally came out of her bedroom to have dinner. We let her eat and then after dinner hubby and I asked to to sit. She went to walk away, but we told her to sit. She did.

We told her that it was time for her to move out. Time to do for herself. Time to find her own answers. We also told her that we would no longer come to her rescue on anything, unless she asked for our help, and only then, if we were convinced that her request was genuine would we consider it.

Hubby and I had discussed old and new boundaries and laid them out there. We stood together and she knew we were serious with our intentions.

We told her we understood how she ended up being an alcoholic, but talking the talk was no longer acceptable to us and until she started walking the talk, the words were of no value. Each of her problems from her past were able to be dealt with and with new life skills and information and professional help, she would learn to deal with her past and heal.

She was very quiet this morning and I do believe she has been thinking it over. We will see. Time for us to be strong and stick to our boundaries. I am very proud of myself today. I didn't back down.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done to you!
Hopefully you and hubby will recover, and perhpas even she will do so.

Wishing you all the Best
Old 04-23-2008, 03:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

I admire your courage. Such a hard thing to do. I did this some years ago with my son (drugs) and he now is shining bright.
There is hope. Love to you.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Well done! Whether or not she chooses a path of recovery at this time, you've established your boundaries so that you don't have to have a front row seat to her drama anymore.

hugs
Cats