Feelings after breaking up

Old 03-26-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feelings after breaking up

You've all been very supportive and it's helped a lot.

I broke up with my ABF on Monday. Get a load of this: I feel OKAY.

I was so suspicious of this, I called my sponsor and said, "Am I in denial?" She pointed out that I did a huge amount of work (on MYSELF) to arrive at the decision I made. Perhaps I'm feeling good because I did the right thing for myself.

That would be so F---ing GREAT!

Don't get me wrong: I am feeling sadness. I have cried here and there. I am having all those kinds of thoughts & feelings we have in connection with the A. But they aren't dominating me. They're not.

That's just for today (maybe just this morning) but I'm very grateful for it. As I said, I'm doing this like I do everything else: ONE DAY AT A TIME.

I'm going to a meeting now.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Sounds like you're making wonderful progress!!

I too feel that way sometimes; as though I'm ready to take on the world and stand up to my fears, but then the next week I feel some other emotion ie-fear, sadness, loss, etc. Then there are some days I just feel numb. Wow that sounds familiar lol.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Good for you! That's great news. I would just say to go with it. Some days you may have ups and downs but go with the happy flow that your experiencing I'm so happy for you and your exactly right, one day at a time!

hugs
Old 03-26-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abcdefg View Post
You've all been very supportive and it's helped a lot.

I broke up with my ABF on Monday. Get a load of this: I feel OKAY.

I'm going to a meeting now.
The first time I left my ex abpgf, i felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. Not quite the same this time around, but do feel a lot better slowly internalizing the idea that I am absolutely not responsible for her life, never was, never will be. It's sad but we live in a universe of suffering, can't do anything about that either.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

abc~

I hope it stays that way.....it's all good.....but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

Breakups in general are a rollercoaster. Just when you think you got it all together......you don't. Time evens it all out.

If you get down.....just keep doing what you're doing. Stay on the path and ride it out. I have turned a corner 4 months after breakup. Feeling like a veil has been lifted. Finally.

Peace.