Thank you

Old 03-21-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you

Just a quick note to say THANK YOU to everyone on this forum in Friends & Family. I get to read so many wonderful things that help me every single day stay on track with my own recovery and I appreciate it so very much.

Reading posts from people who have been in recovery much longer than I have gives me hope. (and they have such wisdom to share)

Reading posts from people who are feeling the hopeless and helpless feelings that I use to feel help me remember that I don't want to feel that way ever again. I am hopeful that they will all find peace and serenity.

This forum is such a wonderful resource and it's there anytime I need it....not just on a specific schedule.

You guys are the best!

gentle hugs
Old 03-21-2008, 10:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree. I have been separated from my AH almost three years and I still have AHA moments in my recovery. I just had one today, thanks to SR.

L
Old 03-21-2008, 10:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This forum has been a huge help to me also during my continued recovery. I come in several times aday looking for inspiration. I've been separated & now divorced for a year from the XAH and still feel the constant pings from what 27 years of living the alcoholic lifestyle has done to me. Altho we are divorced, I read everything I can get my hands on from the internet to every book amazon has regarding the subject. I guess it will be a long time coming before I'm completely healed, my only wish would be that i would have got myself educated BEFORE our life fell apart. I knew things were wrong with us, and constantly begged him into recovery to no avail. Maybe if I had educated myself first, we wouldn't have ended up where we are today, and yet, I am living so much happier & healthier already that I don't know that he could have pulled that off for us anyway. It ran so deep, so much more than just the alcohol. And by the time he decided to clean up his act, I had fallen victim to so many of the typical characteristics of the codie. I had to get myself out, unsmother myself and begin living my life for me finally. I'm a much happier camper now and continue the good life.

Thanks for letting me share..................
Old 03-21-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I never thought of myself as a 'forum' or 'group' type person....but this forum has been invaluable to me in educating myself and recovering from 2 year relationship with xabf. It's also perfect for me because I'm more likely to participate because this is anonymous.

Wisdom is power....and that is what I have gained through all of you, this forum and lots of reading. I had not heard from xabf for a month....and was so grateful....until today.

This morning, as I sat quietly reading the paper in the Starbucks that I'm ALWAYS at....in he walked. I kept my head buried in the paper when I noticed him and sure enough....he came over.

Do you know what he said?.....'Sorry, I didn't see your car'......and if I didn't know any better...I would have bought this line of bs. The funniest thing is that when he left (we visited for a few minutes... all very detached on my part)....he went out to his car and it was parked right NEXT to mine.

So....if it wasn't for this board, I wouldn't have seen this situation for exactly what it was. Very purposeful and an attempt to cast that line out there to see if I would bite. God forbid he put his ego aside and just let me have my peace. Nope....gotta remind her that I'm still out there.

Yuck, yuck and more yuck. A good reminder of the drama of this relationship and the fact that although I loved him like crazy at one time...I always felt that he had implanted a microchip under my skin while I was sleeping. I could never get away....he always had to know my whereabouts/thoughts, etc. The line between the two of us became VERY blurry.....and that's just not my style. Freedom is better than any bad day!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I am happy you're here, my cyberfriend. I respect your contribution and admire you for sharing honestly with us.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is the first and only forum I ever posted on! And I'm still not sure I'm doing it right! But I have learned so much from this place and wish I had discovered it years ago. I had no idea there were so many of us in this boat, really thought I was all alone! All the insights and encouragement are incredible. I recommend this site to so many people. Thanks to you all. R.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The strength and wisdom these people on here have given me has been overwhelming. I want to thank all of you for helping save my life. This is a place where I "fit in" you guys understand like no one else could.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!!!