Aggghh

Old 03-08-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Follow me on this: I have a girlfriend and throughout my relationship with xabf....I always told her how similar they were.

I realized why....when I discovered my boyfriend of 2 years was an alcoholic and most assuredly, so is my girlfriend. Anyway...with this insight...I have been able to witness firsthand the obsessive thinking of an alcoholic toward an ex. She has no idea I suspect she's an alcoholic too.

My girlfriend has been obsessing about a guy she broke up with over 1 1/2 years ago. She thinks about him 24/7....and casts her net out to catch him about every 2 months. Everytime she makes contact...she justifies it as thinking she may not have read his clues correctly or closed the door too soon.

My point is Mair....she recently convinced herself that she may have a brain tumor or something along that line. She conjured or magnified a bunch of innocuous symptoms and went to see a neurologist to have all kinds of tests done. There was nothing. But....I have no doubt that she did it in order to contact the ex-boyfriend because she was 'worried' about herself.

Another point....my xabf just told one of my friends (one he barely knew) that his ex-wife had a stroke. Now I don't doubt that this is true....but the sharing of that information with my friend was so obvious to get to me. Like I would dream of contacting his crazy a**.

They're all alike-------they can't stand that they might not be at the forefront of your mind and they have radar as far as when to make contact. They let you get slightly comfortable.....and then bam!! they swoop in to let you not forget. The trick is to ignore, ignore, ignore.

They have sick/insane brains......plain and simple.