He called, he want's to come home

Old 11-20-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

He called, he want's to come home

My ex called crying (and drunk) that he wanted to come home.. I asked "where's home? What do you mean?" At first codie set in, but 1 min into the conversation I came back down to earth and said" I thought you were where you wanted to be." And he hung up on me.
Then His girlfriend called, she was very nice, she said she didn't know what to do with him, I said nothing, there is nothing you can do and that untill he checks himself in to rehab. At first she underplayed his drinking but I got it out of her, he drinks often enough that I know he is not better.. I explained to her that I have come to far to worrie about his needs, I'm trying to make a good life for the kids.
So why then could I not sleep? What if he does knock on the door? How do I turn away the father of my children whithout hurting my kids?
Old 11-20-2007, 07:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

no words or advice kermit, but it sounds like you handled the situation VERY well. how long have you been seperated? it seems like a long time to me, i'm not sure why? keep your chin up. your doing great!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I'd do it kindly and with compassion, something along the lines of: "I'm sorry you're hurting, but this is not your home any more. I pray for you every day and hope you find a path to health, happiness, and success."
Old 11-20-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

wow........I guess it IS true "it's hard to loose an alcoholic" as Toby Rice Drews often says in the Getting Them Sober bools.

Kermit: no advice,just sending you a hug and prayers.....you have come a long way and have been an inspiration to me.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Hopeangel, we have been seperated almost 2years
Old 11-20-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Kermie

I like what FD said-with compassion it appears to be a good way if he should come knocking.

In the meantime do something for yourself so that you can get that restful sleep you deserve again!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cmc

(((kermie)))
Hopefully you won't be put in that situation, but if you are and he does come over- you've had some some warning and can be prepared with an answer.
It's things like this that remind me to take only day at a time and live in today.
hugs
Old 11-20-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((((((((((Kermie)))))))))))))

A short while ago I would be telling you to ask him "How does it feel to want...." But that question would have come from someone who was in pain herself.....today I agree with FD...handle it with compassion never forgetting what he did tho....and the reality of it all. Stay the course and be strong. Who knows maybe he did this in a blackout and won't even remember any of it and actually try to make you feel that you dreamed it all up.....that sounds like something my ex would do..

Janitw
Old 11-20-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

What if he does knock on the door? How do I turn away the father of my children whithout hurting my kids?
As was said, with compassion. Not turning him away WOULD hurt your kids. Do you really want all the DRAMA and CHAOS back in their lives and yours? I don't think so.

I understand why your mind would jump there, please stay in today, focus on you and your children.

Holidays are arriving and practicing alkies use them as a reason to get extremely maudlin and manipulative. I know I sure did, as did many others I know, lol

That was a MANIPULATION call. Stay focused, you are doing great!!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 11-20-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by kermit View Post
How do I turn away the father of my children whithout hurting my kids?
Remember it was he that hurt your kids by not making them his priority. The kids don't need to hear about this...
Old 11-20-2007, 05:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Yeah well mine wanted to come back also after she burned all her bridges.
Sorry.. been there.