one of those days

Old 11-09-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one of those days

ever have one of those days that everything you touch falls apart, or gets dropped?

today has been a bumbled up day from start to finish. i feel like i'm operating slightly outside of my body....everything feels out of kilter and out of sync.

really, really weird.

now used to, i would get all freaked out and think it was some sort of "sign" of something brooding on the horizon, waiting patiently to strike.

but tonight, i know it's because i have a cold, feel really lousy (a cold really kicks my butt), and i needed to really be in bed, resting instead of workiing. but, this work thing just keeps getting in our way, huh? something that just has to be done, i reckon on this work thing, because i like having groceries and gasoline.

anyway, it feels great these days to have a lousy day, and know it is just a lousy day, and tomorrow is on the way.

just wanted to share that.

jeri

p.s. i have medicine head, too.....can you tell?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better very soon,Jeri!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post
anyway, it feels great these days to have a lousy day, and know it is just a lousy day, and tomorrow is on the way.
Ain't that the truth!

I hope you feel better soon. I find that taking Airborne really helps lessen the severity of colds. You might want to give it a try.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ever have one of those days that everything you touch falls apart, or gets dropped?

Feel ya' on that one embraced. Kind of an "epiphany" that our A is not the source of the lousiness, right!

Everyone suggests those zinc cough drops for head colds. Hope you feel better for the long weekend!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Sweetie, get some hot tea, climb in bed, the work will be there tomorrow and the next day!
Kermmie
Old 11-09-2007, 08:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hey there Jeri, sorry you're sick. Have a big ol' (((( hug )))) and be good to yourself. Watch that blood sugar too, mine gets all outta whack when I'm sick.

Mike
p.s. who get's a little codie flareup when people are sick
Old 11-10-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i went to wal mart last night after i closed up office and bought cold meds. i got some airborne like barbara suggested, some zinc cough drops like tollbooth suggested, some mucinex (that stuff was over 22.00!), aspirin, celestial tea like kermmie suggested, some aspirin......and as a last resort, a jar of vicks vapo-rub.

good night, i haven't had vicks for years and years. my granny used to think vicks was god in a jar....she used it on everything....even the cows udders....ouch!

she would grease me all down....chest, back, throat, armpits and put a layer of t-shirts on me, and then the most dreaded of all.......her finger scooping into the jar and walking towards me, and so sweetly saying.....open up, jeri ann and swallow this down. yech!!!!

so on the way home from wal mart, as i was driving, i opened up the jar of vicks, stuck it on my nose and gave it a good twist. ahhhhhhhhh......my eyes rolled back in my head as the vapors penetrated my stuffed up sinuses. it was heaven.....and i said out loud.....praise the lord! granny, you were right. vicks is wonderful!

and tollbooth.....yes, it is a real pleasure to realize that our a's are not the source of everything. and what a pleasure to just suffer from a cold and not a cold AND crisis and chaos. a definite "epihany".

thanks all for your well wishes. i love ya all in a cyber sort of way. and i appreciate you all so very much. it is hard to convey the appreciation, admiration, and feelings i have for this forum, and all the help that has come my way from so many people.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i
good night, i haven't had vicks for years and years. my granny used to think vicks was god in a jar....she used it on everything....even the cows udders....ouch!

she would grease me all down....chest, back, throat, armpits and put a layer of t-shirts on me, and then the most dreaded of all.......her finger scooping into the jar and walking towards me, and so sweetly saying.....open up, jeri ann and swallow this down. yech!!!!

so on the way home from wal mart, as i was driving, i opened up the jar of vicks, stuck it on my nose and gave it a good twist. ahhhhhhhhh......my eyes rolled back in my head as the vapors penetrated my stuffed up sinuses. it was heaven.....and i said out loud.....praise the lord! granny, you were right. vicks is wonderful!
LOL I love your description! That was mom when I was growing up!

I am one of those folks who can't take OTC cold meds because by body reacts to all of them like its speed. One decongestent and I don't sleep for a couple of days. So I have learned to use a variety of herbal and other things. Vicks is wonderful!