Thanks to you all

Old 10-19-2007, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Smile Thanks to you all

Well, you may know if you've been reading my threads that my BF stopped drinking for two days. Woohoo??! Last night I came home early from work to find the house empty and the mess he and his 'friend' had created left for me to clean.

Later on we had a 'talk', I don't need to go into the details, you all know how it goes! But while he was attempting to lie, manipulate and intimidate me, I realised that something inside me had changed. I kept hearing your insights within my mind, little quotes that I had absorbed from reading through the threads here and I felt stronger. I realised that I don't need him in my life, he needs me. I could distance myself, although I still got angry and too involved in a conversation with him, but I didn't feel myself falling apart like I usually do.

For the first time in a while I felt as if I was more in control of the situation than I have been before. I could see the attacks coming at me, and I could see how pathetic and desperate his attempts at controlling me were becoming the more I didn't react.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you, for introducing me to the tools I can use to help me. I feel as though I have stepped onto a new path. I don't know where its leading me, but I feel much more comfortable on it!
Old 10-20-2007, 05:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I felt stronger. I realised that I don't need him in my life, he needs me.
That's a great realization. SR helps me to realize too that happiness is an inside job and no one else is responsible for how I feel...just me. That started off feeling a little scary, then it felt empowering. Hugs - keep reading and posting, I'm glad you are feeling better!