humor

Old 05-29-2003, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

humor

I heard this on the NewLife clinic radio program today. It made me chuckle, thought I'd share.

Apparently, Steve, the host of the show knows a guy with a drinking problem. One time, the car drove his car into his own front yard, fell on the ground, and fell asleep there in his own vomit.

When someone tried to tell him that he might want to start going to AA meetings, he said "Naw, I wouldn't want people to know about my problem. I want to keep it secret".

Denial.... denial.....
Old 05-29-2003, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

oops.

I blew that one.

Should read " the guy drove his car"

Sorry.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LOL - that is denial alright!!!

I have a friend, now a recovering alcoholic, who was afraid of his boss finding out if he went to AA and that he might lose his job.....and when he finally went to a meeting, his boss greeted him at the door and told him that it was about time.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

they never see it!

Too funny!!!
Old 05-29-2003, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello EyesOpen!!

Maybe your typo error was a better way to go. I think sometimes the cars would do better on their own without the messed up driver!

There are more people out there with all sorts of problems than any of us know about. Thanks for sharing the story.

Have a good one,
matters
Old 05-29-2003, 04:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A few weeks ago, our company (mine and my husband's) had to have a group program meeting for drug and alcohol abuse--it's a requirement to be able to State construction jobs. Everyone has to be tested. One of the statements by the "teacher" was that a lot of users of both alcohol and drugs are afraid of being caught, because then someone will know they have a problem. Then she said--let me tell you--everyone already knows! You may think you are keeping it a well kept secret--but everyone knows.

I wanted so bad at that moment to look at Squinty, but knew it would definitely not be a good time, but I sure wondered what he was thinking. He thinks the people that have figured it out know because I told them. For instance, apparently our foreman said something about it, so Squinty assumed I had told him. I'm sure it never occured to him that when he had this same foreman working on one of our houses we were selling, that he might notice the MANY empty whiskey bottles in the trashcans at the house, from Squinty working late every night over there.

Lyn