I am new here

Old 05-25-2003, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sparkle4

I am new here

I hope i do not affened anyone with what i am about to say.

I am wondering if any one else feels like this.

My husbend is in aa for about 2 years he has been sobar. He spends so much time there he goes 4-5 times a week and it really interfers with our relation ship. last night all of our children went to grandmas house for the night. i thought how nice it would be for us to have time alone we hardley ever do. but instead he went to a late night meeting did not come home after the meeting he hung out with the people up there. i am so upset and am getting so sick of his drinking problem being the most important thing in his live even when he is not drinking. sorry i know alot of you have worse problems then this i just wanted to see if any one feels like i do or if i am being selfish

Old 05-25-2003, 02:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi Sparkle and welcome to the forums.

I am sure there are people feeling the same way as you unfortunately I haven't had to deal with that in my household since my hubby goes to a meeting "every now and then".

Have you thought about going to Al-Anon meetings or perhaps some open meetings with your hubby. It seems your husband iw working his program hard and long and maybe that is what he needs right now to keep him sober, perhaps he's feeling a little itchy. I honestly don't know.

I am sure others will be along to share there wisdom shortly.

Please read the power posts and the top of the Anon forums, there is a lot of good reading in those sticky posts.

Take care.
Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-25-2003, 04:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

ironic, isn't it

sparkle:

I'm happy for you that your husband is working his problem

But, I can imagine your frustration with him still pursuing his own needs rather than tending to yours.

I guess people with addictions have major problems that are life-long. He apparently needs (may always need) something in his life to help him. His AA friends and program seem to be fulfilling that need.

My A is still in denial. He'll probaby never to go AA.

Being neglected always feels bad. Whether you're ignored because they're drinking, away from the house, or putting in too much time at work. Neglect is neglect.

Don't let it get you down. Find a create sustitute!

Hugs,
EyesOpen.
Old 05-25-2003, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Sparkle,
No, you are not alone. My husband has around 1.5 years sober.
But he does AA, only 3-4 times a week. He has also started gambling. So, you have to pick your battles wisely. I told mine to go to more AA meetings.
Now, is the time to work on you. Al Anon is a good place to learn about yourself. Some Al Anon meetings offer babysitting, if that is a need of yours.
Alot of people have felt the way you are feeling. When mine is home, it is still usually in isolation. So I am still alone.
There is a section in the AA big book that is addressed to wives. But it was wrote before al anon. But it is still worth a read.
You keep coming back here and posting. It really helps.
Welcome again,
Antreeta