He's Begging to be Bailed out of Jail...

Old 07-30-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's Begging to be Bailed out of Jail...

So after the crazy psychotic, violent episode last Thursday evening involving a DUI and 2 felonies for resisting arrest and assulting an officer, my AH was finally released from the hospital and transferred to jail. His bond was set on Friday at $50,000. His parents decided to request a high bail to ensure that he is "safe" and hired a lawyer for $10,000 to defend him and, hopefully, get him court ordered into a long-term treatment facility. That was the plan...

My telephone service is through the internet, so I can't receive collect calls, but apparently they have started, and just keep coming. His Mother is caving and is already starting to talk about bailing him out. His next court appearance is scheduled for August 20th, so he'll remain in jail until that time, unless she gets him out. I understand that this is her child and it must be absolutely agonizing to leave him in there, but I sincerely hope she sticks to the plan. He actually said just fire the lawyer and get me out of here - I don't care about the felonies!

What a nightmare. Thank God my phone isn't ringing!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad your phone isn't ringing too. {hugs}

I'm sure on some level his mother knows keeping him in jail for now is the right thing to do since that was her initial reaction. Maybe common sense will re-emerge for her. She can refuse to take the collect calls of course. There may even be a way to block them. Let the expensive attorney deal with all contact.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

No, He needs to stay there as long as they can hold him.

It's time to pay the piper.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Id be busting out a gratitude list.

1) Im grateful it wasnt my 10k
2) Im grateful he is not banging on my door
3) Im grateful I can have some peace
etc.

Its hard, I remember when my ex was in jail. I didnt really get the sense of peace alot of people say they have when a loved one is in jail. I was waiting for the reprise..that was a mistake!

Thinking of you!