Has anyone ever...

Old 07-12-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Has anyone ever...

Has anyone ever had to hide car keys? I have to go work my second job and my AH is home from work and doesn't have to work tomorrow. So rather then wait for Friday night as usual he is starting early. I am already planning when I get home to hide the car keys as usual. I told him I am tired of babysitting, that's what it feels like sometimes. It's wierd sometimes he can go for a month and doesn't want anything to do with it and then it goes back to every weekend..*sigh*
Old 07-12-2007, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

Welcome - glad you're here.

My XABF did all the drinking behind my back, so I never had to hide anything...he hid it all from me!

Take a break from babysitting and read for awhile
Old 07-12-2007, 05:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Oh yeah, I slept with my wallet and hide my keys in my pillow, doesn't make for a comfortable pillow, kinda lumpy.

As for the drinking episodes, some are binge drinkers, others just toss em down everyday, there is no rule of thumb....all I know is that they have a disease...one that there is no cure for.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

I hid the keys a thousand times. He still managed to get DWI #3. Que sera sera.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I could certainly understand why you would want to hide his keys. Afterall he could kill himself or someone else and if he was to get into an accident you could potentially lose everything that you have worked so hard for. I would definitely do whatever it took to protect my own assets and if that means hiding the keys then so be it. But... only you know when enough is enough!!! Having to worry about someone else actions all the time with absolutely no control over it was my breaking point! Jo
Old 07-12-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

hide my car keys no not me....just kidding I hide my car keys my wallet and anything else that could be pawned....
Old 07-12-2007, 07:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi I have been a member of this site forever and ever and eveything i have read seems to be written by me lol but the hiding keys wallets pocketbooks etc really hit home I thought I was the only one in the world that does that hell I can't even keep my extra checks here at home I leave them at my mothers cause he has even stolen a check from middle of check book and drained my account but I keep getting told that as long as his name is on deed and he doesnt use or bring the stuff home I can't lock him out does anybody else here feel trapped?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
full of hope

I hid the keys soooo many times!
I even lost a set of keys once which I blamed AH for. And yes, I feel bad about blaming him (to this day he doesn't know he wasn't the one who really lost them).

But I eventually became torn between trying to decide if I was doing the right thing by hiding the keys. I mean if we are supposed to detach and not enable, then should we be hiding keys. I never did figure out the answer to that one.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chero View Post
But I eventually became torn between trying to decide if I was doing the right thing by hiding the keys. I mean if we are supposed to detach and not enable, then should we be hiding keys. I never did figure out the answer to that one.
I never figured that out either. Mine was a crack addict, so I had to hide $$, checkbook, plastic cards, keys, cellphone....UGH!!!

It's so nice now that he's gone, I can actually leave $$ on the coffee table!!