Frustrated with husband

Old 05-20-2003, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Frustrated with husband

I am new to this board. My husband has drank for all 23years of our marriage. Some times months dry, others everyday. Not until recentally has it changed. He's meaner and it doesn't seem to make him quite as happy as it use to. I just can't stand it anymore. I smell it and I get so angry. I know it's a sickness but I still get frustrated. I use to keep my mouth shut, now I just start in on him, as soon as I know. I went to one alanon meeting, but I guess it was just to painful for me to admit all the problems this is causing our marriage. Does anyone ever quit by themselves? I am just so sad that this has to be such a problem. I really love him but I am running out of patience. Anyone else feel the same way???
Old 05-21-2003, 03:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Welcome to the forums Sadwife,

I think there are so many of us that have felt and feel the way you are feeling, you are not alone.

Take a look around, read the power posts at the top of the Al-Anon and Nar-Anon forums, they are very good reading

I am sure that some do quit by themselves, others need help doing it and some never quit but I have hope that my hubby will give it up for good some day

Until then I take care of myself because thats all I can do

Again, welcome and I hope you stick around. This is definitely a great place for support.

Take care.
Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-21-2003, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Frustrated

Welcome to these boards;
Frustrated, I wish that was the only negative feeling I had concerning how I felt toward the drinkers in my family.....and I DO LOVE THEM....

Then I went to Al-Anon, the only place I've ever been that didn't judge me or my feelings....The one place that I could tell it like it was for me and was understood.....In my group we have a saying try 6 meeting before you decide whether it's for you or not...

At my 1st meeting the only thing I heard was the 3 C's;

I didn't cause it
I can't control; it.
and I can't cure it....

What a relief to find that out....I still use the 3 C's today in alot of situations that come up...It helps me find the balance...

Today I am learning to love without fixing
To care about but not to care for
To not do for others what they must do for themselves...

Do be kind and gentle with yourself ......

Love and prayers,