Divorce is Final - OT Dating....

Old 06-18-2007, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorce is Final - OT Dating....

Hello Everyone! I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that my divorce was final last Thursday. I went to court and didn't have to see him. He signed a waiver to not have to sign the papers. As of now, he doesn't know. I have made a few attempts to call him and let him know, but he's extremely rude anytime I have to call regarding the boys. I guess I will let the court notify him.
He won't be happy!

The boys have been having some issues. They are of course cofused with all the games their dad is playing. They come home telling me what I'm supposed to be doing with "their" money.... like buying Ps3's and new bikes etc... So that's hard. It also hurts my feelings when they get in trouble, they say - I want to stay with daddy. Well.. Daddy just moved into an apt with a pool (because he let the house go) and he only gets them maybe 1 night a week so there's no discipline on his part. Of course they want to stay where its all fun and games.

As for dating... Well. I have been seeing someone for the last 5 months. Unfortunately... I don't know if Im being to hard on him or not hard enough. I do have 3 sons... he has 1. My kids are a handful. His is perfect. It seems to me that I am left out of his life / plans alot because he doesn't know if Im going to have my kids for the weekend or not. For example - of the last 5 wkends he's been in town for 1. That weekend he was in the hospital... other than that... he was out of town fishing with friends and family. I see him alot during the week, but I dont think that really makes up for all the weekends I'm left alone. I think it's unfair to me and the boys. I do have people who are interested... in us both. (me and the boys)

Let me know if you think I'm being to harsh.... gotta run.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HI Ayers,
Nice to hear from you again. You have to decide what is acceptable to you and in the best interest of your boys. Trust yourself. One day at a time...
Old 06-18-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ayers! I was thinking about you today and wondering how you were doing!

I am sorry to hear your ex is being like he is, but you know, he is just continuing on his same old, same old path.

As for the other stuff. Trust your gut and communicate from "I". I don't know any other way to get around this stuff.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Ayers....

I dont think it is an issue of being too tough on someone. I have needs/wants and if the relationship is not making me happy and my needs are not being met then I need to re-look the relationship and make decisions that are in my and my childrens best interest... Not that he is a bad guy, its just not working out.

Have you spoken with him regarding your concerns? If you dont communicate the problem he probably does not know there is one.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have actually talked with him about not being included. I haven't talked with him about the boys... but I will soon. (next time I see him)

I like the way you all put things in the ... "I"...perspective. It's not easy. I do need to be a big girl and make decisions. I'm feeling slighted here... and I didn't let the X do it, so I won't let him either.