Great Book

Old 06-10-2007, 03:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Great Book

hi all! Just wanted to share the name of a great book I just finished and returned to the library. I'm so impressed with it, I will probably buy it now.

"Complete Confidence"

Had I read this book and mastered the technique years ago I surely would never have alllowed myself to become involved with an A in the first place. The basic premise is that we are all solely responsible for calming and comforting ourselves (big girl panties). It's just very clear and not full of a bunch of self analysis worksheets. She gives a simple plan for gaining confidence that if practiced I know will work. I think if anyone has ever read "power of positive thinking" you'd find this book is much the same in it's simplicity without the religious aspect.

BTW I'm doing great without xabf in my life. Sheesh he showed up to work last Tuesday with a huge scab next to his eye and a new hat. Haven't heard the story on how he managed that one but it was so obvious he was trying to hide it from people.
It sparked some sympathy in me but mostly it made me grateful to know that I'm not around for the chaos and disorder anymore.