# 1 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

My Higher Power hates me

I didn't get either job.

My son is not going to graduate.

I feel like ****.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That because those jobs were not good enough for you, your higher power is protecting you.... I know its really hard for you now though hon...

There is a plan for your son, what about summer school???

Take a hot bath.... anything that feels good ... remember we love you and you need to take care of you.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Some how it will all work out! Things never seem to go as expected. Start planning how to make it better--apply for more jobs--get the son into summer school--what ever it takes....thinking of you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cats_027.jpg (25.3 KB, 91 views)
Old 05-01-2007, 05:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey (((wants)))...don't worry, your HP does NOT hate you, I just don't believe it works like that....otherwise how could we explain all the good things that HAVE happened? In the grand scheme of things, you're doing great. But I know exactly how you feel - and, yup, it's sucky.

Since the beginning of time, humans have been trying to figure out why bad things happen to good people. Last time I checked, they were still working on it. Life's just not fair sometimes. But the beautiful part is that sometimes (even most of the time), after time has passed, you'll look back and see what good things, what growth and change, came from that thing that seemed so terrible back then.

You got some handed some lemons, now you gotta make lemonade. ugh. I know it'll be sweet.

We are here (of course) for you
hugs,
neg
Old 05-01-2007, 05:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

(((Wantsout)))

Sun and Cynay (and Newenglandgirl too) have got it right - just because the road isn't twisting the way it looks on your map doesn't mean that it's not going to the same place.

(((Hugs))) Today is tough. You are strong and will do what you need to.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your Higher Power obviously has a different plan for you, one that you may not even be able to conceive of yet.

I know this is terribly discouraging news you got today, but I honestly believe what I wrote about your Higher Power. This reminder has helped me weather some terrible dissappointments.

Hang in there, your story is just beginning.

-K
Old 05-01-2007, 05:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Caring, understanding hugs
Old 05-01-2007, 05:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ICU

Ditto to all the above, and a big hug too (((WantsOut))).
Old 05-01-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((()))) to you, Believe and trust that there is a greater plan for you.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

You know as well as I do that there is another plan for you... relax. I know how frustrated you are about the job thing.. that's why I went back to school!
Summer scholl is your sons best bet!
Love you, Kermmie
Old 05-01-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((WantsOut)))

Thinking of you....
Old 05-01-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Your Higher Power obviously has a different plan for you, one that you may not even be able to conceive of yet.
Yup. Not always easy to digest when it's you that's knee deep in the **** though. "This too shall pass ?" ARRRRGH !!!!

But it does Here's another hug.

(((WantsOut)))
Old 05-01-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((((((wants))))))

during crappy times, it's hard to have faith that things are happening just as they are supposed to happen....but i do believe that.

i remember one time trying to find employment, and i couldn't have gotten a job at a circus, scooping poop. it was very crappy time...to say the least.....and i felt so unemployable, so unwanted, so unworthy.

but then this job just fell into my lap.....totally unexpected.....and it's a job that fits my lifestyle, my needs....in many ways, the perfect job for me.

just have faith and hold on tight wants

take care of you
much love
jeri
Old 05-01-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It is hard to believe sometimes that our Higher Power knows what he is doing. We always have in our minds the way things should be. When things don't happen that way we are puzzled. The above posts are right...one day we all will know why things happened the way they did. But for now....keep the FAITH!!

Forsaking
All
I
Trust
Him
Old 05-01-2007, 07:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Adversity has been the topic of the church services the last few weeks. And while I still struggle with the question "Why?", I have to have faith that my HP doesn't hate me, he's just got something else planned for my life.
The pastor at our church talks quite a bit about how it's the response that we give to the adversity that can make a difference. He went on to talk about some of the stories in the Bible, which I'll not do here as I don't mean to sound like a lecture. My point is that I am trying to really look at things from a different angle than I would have before.
And in saying that, I guess I'm just trying to help you see that your HP doesn't hate you. You just don't know what He really has in store for you.
So I'm sending you hugs tonight as I know how you feel - been there myself more times than I can count - and I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling better.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have nothing to add to the comments above but I feel for you. Hang in there. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger and you're pretty damn close to being super woman!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

I used to think God hated me too.
I remember begging him to make me stop loving my ex. I couldnt leave him bc I loved him too much.
Funny thing happened, he stopped drinking and I had stopped loving him. I realized, God had answered my prayer...on his own time.

God doesnt hate us, he loves us. He protects us and hold us in hishands and when things dont go the way we want, its because he has a greater plan for us.

I know it doesnt seem like that alot, but you are in my prayers wantsout.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

All of the above! (((Wants Out))) your HP has bigger and brighter plans for you! There is a reason for everything...wear those shades your future is going to be brighter and better!!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

No your HP does not hate you, the others have pretty much covered the fact that he has some thing else in mind for you and your son.

The one thing you need to remember though is that in order for your HP to give you what he/she wants you to have, you have to do the leg work, you have to make sure you are taking the actions needed to find that job your HP has in mind for you, and you need to take the needed actions to have your son graduate even if it is late.

Your HP can do nothing if you do nothing.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Let Go Let God

(((wants))) .. so sorry ! It does stink when things dont go your way doesnt it ? And you arent asking for much so it does get disheartening .

I agree with all the posts before me !

Like Taz said , you do have to do the legwork , dont get so wrapped up in what you arent getting that you miss all the 'signs' for what you can have .

Lots of (()) and prayers for you !
M