Did a Little Dance.....

Old 04-26-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hey mr c.....or you could put a new twist on it.....blast a whistle into the phone everytime she calls....(sorry, couldn't resist that one)

you've come a long way, our beloved mr. c.......just since i've joined this forum, your recovery has had leaps and bounds.

after the hurt subsides, sometimes we are faced with looking at things rationally, stripping away all the justifications, all the explanations, and stare bold faced into the stark truth. for me, it's become a very good place to be.

i don't hate my ex...but i see things as they are now. and dances in the yard are not to celebrate his/her downfalls, the dances are to celebrate our spiritual release from bondage.

i understand, really.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

why is it so hard to understand everything I told you 100 times?
Oh that’s right, you’re out of your mind!
Yo Mr C.
Whether you were kidding, serious, or both on this..I wanted to tell you this very statement was an excellent reminder for me today to not try to reason with the unreasonable or rationalize with an irrational person.

You Just Rock!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good Luck. Go Easy on Yourself . . .

It's pretty easy to see just how dependent she's become on you from her actions . . .

That's the game we call "yo yo," and that's why it's so tough to get out of these things. One gets stuck in the grieving process and has to give one's self permission to get the hell out . . .

Which is the answer to the "Why did you allow this stuff" above . . . A whole big chunk of the answers to that one involve our basic humanity, our basic beliefs that people can and do want to change and grow (some do, some don't, but nobody tells us that growing up).

And for those of us who grew up as overly responsible caretakers, it's a natural role, and there are even strong social sanctions against leaving another . . .

And remember, they pick us just as surely as we pick them . . .

CC1
Whose "picker" is still in the shop and may not be fixable
Old 04-26-2007, 04:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Oh oh, I hope there's nothing wrong with my picker,.
I might have to have that checked.