What is your strongest trait of codependency?

Old 03-30-2007, 07:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Over_It View Post
Control and micro-management. Overcommitment. Anything to avoid conflict, even say I'm wrong when I'm not and apologize for things that I didn't do. Yuck.
Amen to that!!! I micro-managed to the point that I was forever rearranging my AH's socks and underwear drawers so they'd be in "order" just like mine - yikes! I mean, get a life already! I can't count the times I've said I'm sorry, when just beneath the surface I'm thinking to myself, "This stinks and I'm selling myself out 'cause I ain't one darned bit sorry - I just want peace at any price!" Sick.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

yes we are usually the ones who people would say""oh she is so nice and so happy all the time"' when really we are screaming on the inside.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Sometimes we forget how to be happy, we forget about what made us happy in the past. We lose us.

I always had a wicked sense of humor, the longer I stayed with my ex-abf, the less I laughed, the more unhappy I became, the more I lost me.

He has been gone for a year, and, I am back, seeing the humor in life, and smiling a real smile...feels good.

Think about what makes you happy, and start doing those things again. It will take time, but, one day you will wake up and the real smile will have returned, it will just sneak up on you.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I never fit well into the controlling or need to fix categories.

I am, however, the ultimate people pleaser. It's sucky because I am pretty darn good at it too! I'm not the pleaser that does things for people....I'm the pleaser who is never angry, never speaks her mind, is always smiling and pleasant, never picks what restaurant to eat at, never chooses the movie (or if I do, I make sure and get three so the other person can choose), never wants to hurt anyone, never wants to make anyone angry, spends over an hour in Home Depot trying to figure out which ceiling fan I could buy that wouldn't make him mad at me, and is just always ridiculously nice. Always.

Almost my entire opinion of myself lies in what others think of me.

Blech.