I deserve better !

Old 03-10-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I deserve better !

Well, as some of you know I have been living with AH for the past two weeks again. I took Monday off of work to finish moving what is left in the house , because he will not change. My heart gets in the way of my head.

Well, last night he drank a 12 pack of beer, plus God knows what else...passed out on my side of the bed.

I feel so empty today, I am going to get my cat and go back to my apt. today...........
Old 03-10-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

I'm so sorry that happened. It is so sad when you think that, just maybe, this time will be different. And then it isn't.

Hang in there. It takes a long time to get to the point that we can say 'enough' and honestly mean it. Even then, it isn't easy.

I haven't seen or talked to my AH in almost a week, and for that I am thankful today. Because if I did, the rollercoaster of emotion would just start all over again. I am getting a little stronger each day.

I enourage you to take your cat and go back to the apartment, put some distance between you. It is great that you have that option!

Do something nice for yourself today. Even if it seems silly. I have felt like crawling under a rock several times this week. When I sit and stew it gets worse. When I force myself to get out and do something, it gets better.

((((HUGS)))))
Old 03-10-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

lilac, when I read the title of your thread before reading the post, I thought to myself "yes, you do!" Then I read your post and thought YES YOU DO!!!!!

I know it's sad and difficult. Be very kind to yourself in the coming weeks.

((()))
Old 03-10-2007, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lilac, keep remebering you come first. I hope all works out like it should. One day at a time or even on hour at a time. let your HP guide you thru this.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Practicing the lion's roar

Lilac, I'm sorry that he hasn't changed, but good for you for recognizing it and doing what you need to for yourself!! (((lilac)))
Old 03-10-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

so sorry he did this to you--I don'tthink it is uncommon for us to make one more attempt at a relationship---you hoped for the best and he popped your balloon again!!Now you can see clearly that this really has nothing to do with you--it's him--he will not change-not your fault--be kind to yourself now.....
Old 03-10-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I feel your pain and sadness. It is such a let down.

Well, hell, It just plain SUCKS!!!!!!

take care of you and hang in there. Easier said then done somtimes, I know.
I can't promise but, one can hope that it does get better.????

(((((HUGS)))))
Old 03-10-2007, 05:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

You are right, you do deserve better.

Please move forward, for you.

Hugs,
Dolly
Old 03-10-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've read so many posts where people say "I can't live like this anymore." I said the same thing, myself, hundreds of times. Yet we CAN, and we DO. For me, however, it was a real light bulb moment when one day I replaced the word "can't" with "won't" and finally said, "I won't live like this anymore." Wow! Do you see the difference?

It looks like you've had a light bulb moment. You have found your power.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I thought the exact same thing Denny said! Glad you recognize that you deserve better!

The emptiness you feel today won't be there forever, I promise. Please continue taking good care of yourself and moving forward.

Hugs to you!
~ghm
Old 03-11-2007, 08:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Lilac, you have made a long journey, just since you came here......you have sorted out some very important issues in your life. You love that guy, but you have realized you do deserve better, and now you are deciding you won't live like that anymore. This last attempt will help you in the next few weeks with peace of mind in your decision. It is not going to be easy, but it will be easier when you have a clear vision of how you want to live and how you don't. I think you have come to realize he is not going to be any different. We all wish, hope and pray our relationships and lives w/ the A's. will be okay, tolerable, happy? Try and try again, then that 'light bulb' moment, when we know it won't be okay..... Broken hearts suck, but broken lives are more painful. Linda
Old 03-11-2007, 08:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mazey View Post
Broken hearts suck, but broken lives are more painful.
wow, i love that. it says it all. i refuse to let my life be broken, but my heart will repair itself.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
full of hope

Oh Lilac, You not only deserve better...you deserve the best! I'm praying you find it on your journey!