I am the great & powerful oz...

Old 03-05-2007, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am the great & powerful oz...

I can take away driver's licenses.... at least that's what AH told me yesterday.

OK - to back up my story aways for those who may not know.
AH was in an accident May 25, 2006. He failed to negotiate a curve at 11p.m. one night. He broke his neck. Since he was unconscious when he arrived at the hospital- the Dr. had to fill out a form basically a type of consent since he was unable to make decisions on his own - to get his blood alcohol - it was .245 . The deputy sheriff filed charges of OWI a few days after AH returned home with a C-2 neck fracture (C-1 is the highest vertebrae next to the skull) AH is lucky to be alive let alone walking as if nothing ever happened. Somehow the correct form was never sent into the D.O.T. so his license was never taken away. He spent all summer in a halo Memorial day - Labor day basically. We split 9/30/06 - he went to treatment for 22 days then went to his mom's, then got his own apartment.

His license came into question after I called the police about a week before 9/30/06 when he left our house drunk, with no current vehicle insurance and believing he didn't have a license. When the deputy caught up with him - he was at his friends house and all he charged him with was public intox. The deputy ran his license which came up clean - much to the surprise of the deputy as well.

AH called the insurance company - license was good.
AH called the DOT (dept. of transportation) as to what was up with his license and they had no record of an OWI so his license was good.

Then the OWI trial came up finally in February. No denying that one - guilty. He was supposed to serve 2 days in jail and pay a fine etc. all the usual stuff - including $1000 fine - 1/2 suspended if he proves restricted license.
So I knew they'd eventually take his license away - but he thinks he gets off free.

Fast forward to this weekend. I get the mail on Sunday (we were stuck in a blizzard since about Wednesday - didn't go anywhere). In it are 2 letters from the DOT. I have another letter for him at home and he had wanted a clock radio from the house too. So we go to deliver all this stuff to his apt. and we have to be somewhere so don't stay long. (2 beer cans on the table while we are there)

While I'm at a meeting with the kids - there's 2 phone calls on my cell and one at home. So when I notice this at home I call him back - what did he want.
"Did you have anything to do with these 2 letters?", he asks.
What 2? (since there was 3) - he never did answer me.
He just accused me (along with my lawyer) of calling the DOT or whoever I would call, to get his license taken away. He had called the DOT before and his driving record/license was fine - so now to get these letters - it must have been something I did to hurt him. (I live for it right?!?!?!) This is getting comical.
There was of course no talking to him, he knew we had done it. Only thing I could say was, 'If that's what you want to think, I know the truth. Is there anything else?'

I don't know whether to feel complimented that he thinks I can do so much - how empowering!, or mad because he's accusing me of something I didn't too, and/or sad - because he is sooooo sick with his alcoholism.

It may be he's so mad he won't contact us for awhile - that's a plus.

Just wanted to vent ... thanks for listening.

Oh, and anything else anyone would like me to do as the great and powerful oz!!! ..... lol
Old 03-05-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oh, mighty criss-cross.....i need to lose 35 lbs. can you make that happen??

mine used to think i had super powers too.....forget that he was the one that did all the illegal stuff.....it was me that made the arrests happen, the court hearings happen.....quack quack quack....big ole duck with diahreaha(sp) of the bill.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Dont pay attention to the man behind curtain...........
Old 03-05-2007, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I thought OZ was near Kansas? *LOL*

*going to look at a map, maybe it is closer to Iowa*

Can I get back to you on the things I would like?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My dad used to tell me the flying monkeys always scared me!

Click your heels 3 times ... and say, "There's no place like Iowa, there's no place like Iowa!!" - you are wearing your ruby red slippers aren't you?
Old 03-05-2007, 10:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

IF HE ONLY HAD A BRAIN!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

funny.....frizzy....so funny...lol