I was hoping that someone here could help me

Old 01-02-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was hoping that someone here could help me

Sorry

Last edited by gypsy8691; 01-02-2007 at 07:04 AM. Reason: I think it should go in the other one.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you are definitely in the right place...and i think you know what you need to do...
i don't have a lot of advice for you...but trust me, you will find plenty here...but i can say that there is nothing wrong with you supporting her and remaining her friend...as long as you don't enable her...which, as an addict myself, i can tell you she may be very good at manipulating you into doing just that...be on your guard...

there is nothing wrong with caring, in fact, it is very kind of you, i'm sorry you have the misconception that addicts look a certain way, in fact, most addicts i know look very normal...it may not be until the end stages of this disease that we stop being able to hide our addictions...

you are in my thoughts and prayers...you are a caring friend and she is lucky to have you, i know i would never have been able to come as far as i have without the loving support of my family and friends...i hope you find a solution that allows you to remain her friend and i sincerely hope she is being honest and wants help...just remember that addiction is very powerful and however sincere she may be, she has to be very strong indeed to overcome them...

i hope some of what i have said has helped and not served to confuse you even more...good luck to you...

ayla