Just a little tidbit ....

Old 04-05-2003, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Just a little tidbit ....

Yesterday at work was payday....I love payday.....lol Anyway, they give us messages on the back of our paystubs whether its about tax changes, diabetic info, etc. Well, according to my employer (who is the State of PA) April is alcohol awareness month in PA. I read that and smiled and thought, "Boy, if they only knew just how aware of alcohol I am."

It's pretty funny though, they send out this message which I think is great but just recently they have decided to sell alcohol (wine and spirits) on Sundays. I think this is a very mixed message.

Anyway, just thought I would share that and if any Pennsylvanian's or anyone else would like to read some info, they gave the address of their website.

http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/edu/

Hugs,
Debbie
Old 04-05-2003, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Um, I think we need more than

a month to be involved in "alcohol awareness". I love this new trend of dedicating months to "awareness" of one problem or another. What happens at the end of the month? Heads go back into the sand again?
And just to go off topic a little bit, the Today show took colon cancer awareness month to new and unecessary heights. Doing a segment that had viewers watch someone get a colonoscopy was just TMI for me. Should we be aware that early screening for colon cancer is important? Yes. Should we all know how to go about getting this screening? Yes. Should we have to watch someone get a colonoscopy on national television? No, I don't think so.
Sorry...rambling.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 04-06-2003, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think this is a good thing, but sometimes I also think "Blessed are the unaware". I would like a month to not be aware of alcohol or drugs .

If it stops one person from destroying their lives and the lives of so many others - it is well worth it.