Okay, past empathy!

Old 12-14-2006, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Okay, past empathy!

Now, I am so very, very relieved that I don't have to do this whole DUI thing with my exA. I am almost lighthearted today about it. AND, would love to say all those things that I can't say: 'you dumb a-- ! blah blah blah'. HE DID this! Thank God, I got out of this when I did. Timing is everything. It was time, I felt strongly about it and was lead by my HP. Again, one of the questions I asked myself, 'where do I want to be in 5 years?' It took repeated desires to leave/have him leave. But, when it was right it just felt right. Having your ducks in a row is so important, and having sorted things out so in my mind and heart I felt secure with the decision.
The recognition that things could never be any different, as much as I wished them to be, since he didn't believe there was any problem and therefore unwilling to make any changes, made it easier too. I am free to live my life without worrying about his life.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's wonderful, Mazey. That's my goal is to learn to live my life without worrying about his. Even though we haven't lived together for a year, he continues to effect me just as strongly, it is still about him, his disease, his struggles...But I am making slow progress. I keep reminding myself that just because he is ready to recover and work on our relationship does not mean that I have to work on our relationship. It's weird to realize that I don't owe anything to anybody, husband or not, and can really do whatever I feel is best for me. A little wow for me, since I am always so concerned about the feelings and opinions of others.