good news

Old 03-14-2003, 08:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile good news

I am so sick of writing bad stuff about my daughter that I do have some good news.

1. She got a job working 3rd shift factory for a temp agency.

2. Went to court today everything ok so far-next court date -her birthday! Strange.

I called her (she is in a transistional home) and told her how great she is doing.

Well, finally I can post good news-thanks to everyone.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

kathyj

That is good news!!! I really hope that this works out for her. I know that when my son is trying his best, I too try to root for him and encourage him to hang on.

This must be a big relief for you too.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile

Thank you for your reply.

How is your son?
Old 03-14-2003, 08:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

He was in court earlier this week and they reset a date for April 11 and let him out conditonal on his continuing to seek treatment. He is actively looking for a program, has found a day program that is helpful but is more of a pre-program program, and he seems to be staying clean right now. His attitude is pretty cocky, so he may not have surrendered yet. Time will tell.

Anyway, I am doing fine with all this, and I just keep praying that he will find his way. I've been down this road before, but this time I left my baggage at home. Working my program has let me do that.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Is your son working? Do you feel ok about your son being in the house alone?

My daughter has been known to take checks and cash them.

Well, remind your son how good he has it at his home.

Good luck to you!
Old 03-14-2003, 09:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LOL kathy

Noooo - he doesn't live at home. We tried that many many times and it never once worked out. Stealing, lieing, using....nope crossed every boundary. And my health was more important to me and this chaos was making me sick. And even when he visits for dinner, I hide my purse and make sure he is never out of my sight. Sad but true.

He is staying at a Salvation Army shelter, that is actually quite good and has counsellors on duty for addiction and it is clean and has good food.

And no he isn't working...just as well because he could never make it past payday without using, so what's the point. A few years back he was clean for 3 years and had his own renovation business and did well in his business and his recovery. Then, out of the blue, he relapsed and has struggled ever since, with only short periods of sobriety.

I don't mind sharing this, I have before, but I think it is important to tell the truth about my situation.

Before my program, I was a mess. And the newcomers remind me of what it was like which makes me work it even harder. I am so grateful for all the gifts that recovery has given me.

Don't let this discourage you about your daughter...not all addicts are as slow to get it together. And she is young and hopefully can get the help she needs before it gets worse. Miracles happen every day. The fact that my son is clean today is a miracle, one day at a time.