The Rasputin Annals... Volume III

Old 05-11-2003, 02:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I went looking for something for this thread and came across this link. I thought it was so funny I just had to share it. Now I do have a strange sense of humor so I may be the only one laughing.

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/H...ly96/0062.html

Old 05-11-2003, 05:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
believer

You know Dop, I was going to ask you if you had talked to Rasputin about any of this stuff....

It's very sweet of him to ask - he obviously cares for you very much. Personally, opening myself up to others for examination is something I only feel comfortable doing in front of my mirror or laptop!!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 06:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

LOL MG ~ I'm not sure I get the funny part, but it appears you need to actually be unconscious to do any real introspection!

I'm with you JG ~ at this time I have absolutely no trust for my A, and certainly would not open myself up to his criticizm(sp) I do a good enough job of it myself.

But if Rasputin is wanting to listen and openly be part of how you (Dopp) are really feeling, then you should definitely share with him so he can understand your apprehension and know where you are really coming from.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Just one of the gang

MG

I got'cha! How dare I try to figure myself out when there are people out there who can't write a cohesive sentence who will charge me a lot to do it for me!!!

Journey/Gypsy,
OOOOOhhhh, alllriiiiiiight. I'll talk to him. Later.:p

Dop
Old 05-11-2003, 07:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

LOL MG, that is funny......they certainly do a lot of talking and explaining about introspection for it to have absolutely no value or worth, dontchya think????????
Old 05-12-2003, 10:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This thread has really made me think - a dangerous thing sometimes. I haven't responded because it has raised as many questions from me as answers. I recognize the feelings, but I don't know where they come from either.

Can it have to do with us struggling so hard to find a "comfort zone" for ourselves? I know that my life has taken many twists and turns, and it seems everytime I get myself comfortable, the rules change and my "security blanket" gets yanked away.

I come from a family of stiff upper lip Anglos, who rarely showed emotion outwardly, yet I knew I was loved. But I ended up being a hugger and the kind of person who believes in saying "I love You" on a regular basis to those that I love. Go figure.

I think we have all got emotional trust issues, as well as an unwillingness to give up our comfort zones. We found our "safe" place and it becomes difficult to venture far from it. So we protect it, or stand in it waving at the outside world and those who have no idea what we are doing.

Like I said, I really don't have many answers, maybe a couple of theories, but I am grateful that you have made me think.