Relocation and update

Old 06-21-2006, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relocation and update

I haven’t been around here for the last week or so because I have been MOVING. Ugggggggh. It’s actually good to be back at work because it’s not nearly as exhausting. The new house is wonderful. It was built in 1924 and has been very well maintained over the years, so it is in great shape. It’s an elegant old house and makes me feel like Katherine Hepburn in an old movie. There are some minor repairs and alterations that I need to have done, so I have enough to keep me busy for a while.

I made my first few calls trying to find contractors today, and boy, what an ordeal. The guy I called to install the dishwasher (yes, that’s right, no dishwasher) can’t even come look at it till mid-August and the roofing contractor told me he’s booked solid till Christmas! Yikes. Looks like I will need to work on my patience some more. And find other contractors, LOL.

I see quite a few newbies have come on board since last week, so if you’re interested in my story, go back and read some of my earlier threads. Bottom line is, I never realized how good life can be until I kicked my husband out of the house. I love him very much and it was the hardest thing I have ever done (we’ve been married 17 years), but it was the best thing that ever happened to me. My life is peaceful, my house is clean, and I have more money than before. Amazing how the money just disappears when there is an alcoholic around. Turns out, it was the best thing that ever happened to him also. After a couple months of binging to his heart’s content, he finally realized that life was passing him by. We’ve been separated almost 10 months, and although we are not living together again, we are talking, dating, and re-connecting. Things are looking up around here and I am cautiously optimistic. A lot of damage was done to this marriage, by both of us, but with honesty, communication, and recovery, I think it can be repaired.

Time will tell, but this Katherine Hepburn is hopeful that her Spencer Tracy will return home one day soon.
:Wshade
Old 06-21-2006, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, you sound so happy!!! And that is so nice to hear!
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new house! And that life is going so well. Thanks for the update!
I'm excited for you!
Old 06-21-2006, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Well THERE you are! In a new place and everything! How are the kids doing?
Old 06-22-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey there Katherine Hepburn,

Congrats on the move, and max jealousy on that house. I love hearing folks share their happiness, thanx for that. Good luck on the contractors, sounds like you may wind up becoming a contractor yourself if you want anything done this century

Mike
Old 06-22-2006, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

LTD - can we expect some "before & after" pictures? glad to hear you are getting settled into your new life!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a cool post!! Yay for you!!

My house is a little semi, 2 bedrooms and a third excuse for a bedroom (D's study) but it's a 1905 house and I love it's age!! I realised with the help of a couple of neighbours that our hedge is definately 70 yrs old and probably older - I look after it now!!

I'm with Cwohio - picccccccciiiiesssss please!!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

LTD------Thanks for the update and sharing your happiness!

Yes.......pictures,please!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrads to you! I love hearing the happiness in your post!
Old 06-22-2006, 09:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the well-wishes!

Jazz--the kids are doing great, although it has been a stressful time for all of us. They are loving all the space in the new house and arranging their stuff just how they want it.

Everyone--I will post some pictures soon. I have to hook up the computer at home since I think my employer would frown on uploading pics at work. (especially when I'm supposed to be working, LOL) The entertainment center got set up first, by popular demand, but the computer will be functional at least by this weekend, promise!

L