Something good has come out of this....

Old 06-19-2006, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Unconditional love

Something good has come out of this....

I divorced my AH in Jan. Last year was the worse year in my life. Last June after I left My AH my son in law asked him to go to AA with him. They went for 3 or 4 wks, twice a week. My AH ended up saying AA was not for him and it was just people that were bums and lived out of boxes.
Well I filed for divorce after that. It was clear that he was not going to help himself and he started drinking again. But my son in law on the other hand who was a binge drinker on the weekends has not touched a drop of alchohol since last june. I am so proud of him. My daughter said today that her life is so much better now that he does not drink. He is no longer moody all the time and they dont fight like they did.
So I was thinking today, as hard as my divorce was on me, something good did come out of it. There is a reason for everything.
I'm sure you guys have had some of the same experiences where its hard to see anything good coming out of leaving your A but eventually you do see it.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

That's great lovemypup! Thank you for sharing. I'm a firm believe that there is a reason for everything. My BIL was asking me about my impending divorce the other day and I told him, "It's really the best thing for both of us. AH may not see it now, but one day he will."
Old 06-19-2006, 01:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks love my pup, i really did need to read this, i don't know how i feel yet about whether or not to divorce, but i see hope in your post regardless of what my decision end up being.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey lovemypup - I'm just now going through a divorce that my AH initiated...it hurts so badly...I hope one day I will see the positive in it all.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by megamysterioso
AH may not see it now, but one day he will."

...and if he doesn't, that's ok, too! YOU see it for YOURSELF.