Notices

HELP. Boyfriend is living with me &will not stop using....

Old 06-08-2006, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry HELP. Boyfriend is living with me &will not stop using....

I know I need to go to a naranon meeting, but the times have been difficult. My issue is, my boyfriend is living with me, in my apartment. This month is the first month he is paying half the rent.

He uses coke 1-2x a week and I don't want it around me b/c sometimes I feel the pressure to use with him. He goes to a very dark place that I hate to see. My problem is, before, he used to have his own apt. that I could tell him to go to.....now, there is no where because I invited him into my home. I wish at times that I never did.

If I know he's using, what can I do??? Can I lock the deadbolt which he doesn't have a key for...but he might get abusive.....do I just let him do his thing and make sure I don't get mixed up in it???

I don't know what to do, I love him, but I am now becoming anxiety ridden and stressed out b/c he is "full-time" living with me......

any advice????
Old 06-08-2006, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, TINYT. Glad you're here!

I would suggest that you post this in our Naranon forum here. There you will find people who truly understand your situation because they've been there. You will find lots of good information, caring and support.

Otherwise, my best advice is to focus on you - YOUR recovery, what YOU want out of life and how best to take care of YOURSELF. In recovery I have learned that the real work done within ourselves.

Take care and good luck. Keep reaching out and posting. This is a fantastic community for support.