Notices

help me please!!!

Old 06-02-2006, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help me please!!!

hello

i am new around here...my first time...i need help, and maybe among you there is someone to help me too..

so i begin my story..i am from Romania, Bucharest. my boyfriend is a heroine addict for 5-6 years. we' ve been together for 3 years. at first even if i knew he had a problem with drugs i didnt know the signs and thus i often thought he was just tired..but i realized soon as i noticed money dissapeared, he going out late in the night that he had a serious problem. he had been seeing a therapist for a while but he quitted, saying it was too far to go to.

for this relationship and for him i left my family, i left my home. my parents do not appove of him, althought they do not know about his problem.but i love him too much to leave..i often think he needs me, and if i were to leave he would never stop doing drugs. it is very hard for me to controle this situation..i tried everything..now we are together all the time,we work together, we live together...but for time to time he can not say no to heroine.
lately he is doing heroine 3 times a week and that scares me to death..i dont know what to tell him anymore.sometimes he makes me feel responsabil for him doing drugs, he says it's my fault he is feeling bad, that i dont know how to make him forget about drugs.but when i see him high it makes me sick, i hate him and i cant even kiss him..i dont know if what i feel in that particular moment is right..but i cant stop feeling like this..i hate drugs so much..i hate seeing my boyfriend changing when high..he is like a different person.

last week he went to another therapist and he told us about this medicine, revia. he is on methadone now. the doctor said that this medicine is much better than methadone.

maybe you guys can tell me from your experience how good is this medicine.
and maybe you can give me better advice of how to deal with my behaviour towards him from now one, or maybe give me opinions of how you dealt with your boyfriend doing drugs.

and one last final question: how many of you stayed clean and recovered from heroine?

best regards,
clautza
Old 06-02-2006, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

but i love him too much to leave..i often think he needs me, and if i were to leave he would never stop doing drugs.
Hi first I would like to welcome you here to SR and we are glad that you are here. My name is Vic and I am an addict! There is no doubt about that!

In 2002 when I came back home from being locked up for possession of meth, when I arrived my children came running out, the dogs came running out, but the wife did not come running out . When I went in she said Vic you can not stay here. I thought that my world had come to an end. Where was I to go? What was I suppose to do? This isn't right!

Well I ended up getting a motel room, and started to go to meetings, now mind you I went for all the wrong reasons. I went to get her back and my children. I never thought that my life would turn out the way that it has without her. Today, I am grateful for her not allowing me to come back, I am grateful for the divorce, I am grateful because I truly believe that if she didn't leave me that I would have continued down the same path and not even have tried to do something different.

I have said this many times here, that if she didn't leave me than I probably would have been dead. I truly believe that her tough love saved me back then, I was so out of control. I thank her today for that, and today we have a better relationship than ever before. Yep it takes what it takes and for me it took her tough love for me in order for me to even try something else. Hope you find the answer you're looking for.

Love Vic
Old 06-02-2006, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

hello.

As far as Revia goes, it is the brand name for Naltrexone and Naltrexone is an opiate blocker. It will not keep him from getting sick like the methadone does, but after he detoxes, it will prevent him from getting high even if he shoot a mountain of dope....

and as for your 2nd question, yes I am a recovering heroin addict, I have been clean for almost 16 months now....the reason I am clean today is b/c of Narcotics Anonymous.....I never found any other way to stay clean and I looked everywhere....I was on methadone for 2 years, it didn't work....NA works, get him to check out some meetings in your country...
Old 06-02-2006, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Mandie~

I myself have never done Herion, but my sister and brother in law were both very BAD herion addicts. They would shoot up at least 4 times per day. Luckily, they are both off the Herion and both did it different ways. One is on Methadone and the other went CT through rehabs. I do know that my brother in law did have Naltrexone (pellet) in his arm and he found ways around it to get high and it actually made the pellet melt very very quickly. Anyway, the reason they are both off is b/c they Really wanted to be off! They both had gone through every Detox/Med there was until they finally ended up clean..It took many many times for that to happen though!!! Best of Luck though to you and your BF! Opiates are a hard thing to get off of!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

hi, welcome tSR i was on heoin for 17/18 yrs on and off meth
then finally crack got a hold of me..? I lost everything i loved
im on subutex for the 2nd time 18mths off the meth, n going strongish..
i've also had an implant of naltrexone it was horriable, but it
kept me clean at a dangerous time in my life.dont go into it blind
do some research on it..
n GOOD LUCK ......Arura
Old 06-02-2006, 10:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, clarutza.

Please check out the Naranon forum here on SR. There will be people there who truly understand your situation because they've been there themselves with loved ones who suffer the disease of addiction. The hardest thing to learn perhaps is that we really have no control over others, only ourselves. You will find help and support there. Please reach out, k?

Wishing you the best on YOUR journey.