View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
clarutza

help me please!!!

hello

i am new around here...my first time...i need help, and maybe among you there is someone to help me too..

so i begin my story..i am from Romania, Bucharest. my boyfriend is a heroine addict for 5-6 years. we' ve been together for 3 years. at first even if i knew he had a problem with drugs i didnt know the signs and thus i often thought he was just tired..but i realized soon as i noticed money dissapeared, he going out late in the night that he had a serious problem. he had been seeing a therapist for a while but he quitted, saying it was too far to go to.

for this relationship and for him i left my family, i left my home. my parents do not appove of him, althought they do not know about his problem.but i love him too much to leave..i often think he needs me, and if i were to leave he would never stop doing drugs. it is very hard for me to controle this situation..i tried everything..now we are together all the time,we work together, we live together...but for time to time he can not say no to heroine.
lately he is doing heroine 3 times a week and that scares me to death..i dont know what to tell him anymore.sometimes he makes me feel responsabil for him doing drugs, he says it's my fault he is feeling bad, that i dont know how to make him forget about drugs.but when i see him high it makes me sick, i hate him and i cant even kiss him..i dont know if what i feel in that particular moment is right..but i cant stop feeling like this..i hate drugs so much..i hate seeing my boyfriend changing when high..he is like a different person.

last week he went to another therapist and he told us about this medicine, revia. he is on methadone now. the doctor said that this medicine is much better than methadone.

maybe you guys can tell me from your experience how good is this medicine.
and maybe you can give me better advice of how to deal with my behaviour towards him from now one, or maybe give me opinions of how you dealt with your boyfriend doing drugs.

and one last final question: how many of you stayed clean and recovered from heroine?

best regards,
clautza