Notices

The unconditional love....NA rocks!

Old 05-28-2006, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Dopeless Hope Fiend

The unconditional love....NA rocks!

Hello , my name is Dean and I am an Addict ,
I just returned home last night after putting 2,500 miles on my Big Rig these last 7 days, and had a message waiting for me , that one of your friends from California called?? I was so worked up to call him this morning I almost forgot the 3 hour time difference, but I got through later this afternoon , to someone I use to do at least 3-4 meetings a week with and every area meeting as we were both GSR's, well until I left to move back, but we had a great talk , and turely wished each other well , and I gave him my new cell number and got his, so when i get a west coast run, we can hit that old Friday night Colton Meeting, with Howard the Duck, The Eastern Inland Empire of NA, what a group of Die hard recovering addicts, I am so glad I had a chance to not only have them share their recovery but to welcome me with no judgement and show me the love I didn't yet have for myself. I have 20 months clean and sober TODAY , my clean date is 09/28/04, and that 1st 11 months in California gave me the foundation and the courage to know hey if they can do this so can I ,, and I have been told recently by my best friend back here in Michigan, that "Dean , you were the most stubborn person i ever knew, if you got something in your mind , that was all she wrote , it was over , but the biggest problem you had with that , was most of the stuff you got in your mind was bad either for you or others" and i have known this person since the 3rd grade. so he remembers me before that 1st joint, and has seen me at my most self-destuctive , but has see my honest effort to better a better person, and to be healthy to myself and to others, not being judgemental(which is so hard sometimes, I still catch myself , not just accepting people for who or where they are in life) and I learned these and other concepts from the EIE oldtimers i chose to be my friends in recovery and they willingly welcomed me aboard and showed me things about life and myself I never would have beleived was there, It was so good the hear from my old "Road Dog" , it just brought up some good feeling i needed to let out, Thanks to you all here at SR for being here so a Truck Driving man like myself can get a place to share this until i can get to a meeting(I might have just burst) LOL,, later Daze,, Dean
Old 05-28-2006, 07:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Congratulations on the clean time.

Sure feels good when you can find family in far off places.
I am sure it makes for a better run as well.

Is it the ride or the destination?
Some times it is both.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's so awesome, Thundar. And I can so relate. I never knew what it was to have a family in recovery that truly cared, loved and supported me. Wow. What a gift! And I know that wherever I roam, the hand of NA is there for me, too.

Thanks for sharing that. It shows the number one most powerful part of this program, IMO - the love of one addict for another.

Keep on truckin' -lol